Help needed

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 January 2012 at 14:49:15 #804835

Hi, going through your site I found a few chapters which are extremely helpful. One such is “Tourist attractions and day trips in the Bernese Oberland”
    On the subchapter there are suggestions on how to
    “Discover the Bernese Oberland within 1 day”.
    On the plan of roundabout tour 1, my question is whether the schedule is covered by swiss pass or not? I will be staying at Lautterbrunnen. Can you please help me out to plan a day round trip around Bernese Oberland, not very hectic but cheap.
    thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 January 2012 at 13:50:03 #834637

Unsure whether it is of any help, but you can travel the two lakes Thun and Brienz on a Lazy Monday at a reduced rate around 28 CHF. Realistically you would struggle get around both lakes, but there are areas which are well worth a stop. If you are staying in the interlaken area you will probably be entitled to a guest card allowing free bus and some train travel within the local area. Harder Kulm is also an offer with the guest card (2011)
    If on a tight budget, Harder Kulm cable lift at interlaken is a good 10 CHF round trip with a good circular walk at the top , and of course somewhere to get drink/food, although I would have a coffee at the Lake brienz ticket kiosk at Interlaken near Ost train station.
    the falls opposite Brienz is a worth a visit and the funicular travels from the where the boat comes in. If you time it right you can travel on the exquisite old paddle steamer.
    Again a lovely walk up the path of the falls, with super views across the lake.
    Hope this may be of help

Arno
    15483 posts
    11 January 2012 at 16:25:44 #834638

Hi drdaipayan,

In addition to the excellent tips provided by madralph: I would recommend you to take a look at the detail network map linked from the Swiss Pass page. It shows exactly what’s covered for free and what’s discounted. The map and the timetable allow you to plan a nice trip for a reasonable price.

• The thread ‘Help needed’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.