Help needed with 5 day itenary in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2012 at 22:13:24 #805104

Hello all,

My husband and i am planning a vacation in Switzerland in April. Tentative itenary is as follows. your suggestions would be highly appreciated.
    April 12: Zurich
    Arrive at at Zurich airport at 2 pm
    Take a train to Lucerne, Explore lucrene on foot.

April 13: Lucerne to Mount Titlis, morning excursion
    Explore Lucerne in the evening, may be an evening cruise on lake?
    April 14:
    Golden pass train
    Go to chateau de chillon, wineyards and mountrex.
    April 15: Today we have to check in to our hotel in beaten berg
    So take an early train to Interlaken and leave luggage at the railway station.(i assume that its possible?)
    Go to schilthron and on the way back visit bateaus caves.
    Collect luggage from interlaken and proceed to beatenberg.
    April 16:
    Early morning trip to Jungfraugoch
    Day 17: early morningtrain back to Paris
    As for the logistics i have a 4 day swiss pass, which i am planning to use from 13-16th April. For the first day i plan to buy tickets at zurich airport to travel to lucrene( i am not aware of any other options that i have)
    As for the help needed,
    i would like to know how i can improve my itenary?
    Secondly can i combine jungfraugoch and Schilthorn on same day so i can utilise one day to see matterhorn?

Thank you 🙂
    Ramya

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7094 posts
    30 March 2012 at 11:40:34 #835526

Hello Ramyaiyer, and welcome to the forum! Your itinerary looks doable. The Golden Pass trip to Montreux on April 14 is very long though. It will be hard to visit the castle, vineyards and Montreux itself and return to Lucerne the same day. That is, I assume that you want to get back to Lucerne that same evening? Or do you plan an overnight stay in Montreux? In that case you’d have more time to explore the surroundings. The general timetable and the Golden Pass timetable will provide you with more information on traveling times.

Yes, Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch can be combined on one day, but visiting one out of two would be fine as well. I wouldn’t add the Beatenberg caves at the same day too if I were you. A one day visit to Zermatt and the Matterhorn can be done, but requires a long trip as well.

You can leave your luggage in the lockers at the Interlaken railway station or ask for possibilities at the luggage department.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2012 at 13:02:48 #835527

Hello Annika and thanks a ton for your reply. Yes i will need to return back to lucrene on april 14 since the hotel is already booked and is paid for:( Well to make it simple what i am interested is to see chateau de chillon, can you suggest any better way in which i can do it? or do you suggest some other interesting excursion for April 14?
    Noted that a trip to Matterhorn would be quite long, so i have decided i will keep it for my next visit.

Regards
    Remya

Annika
    7094 posts
    2 April 2012 at 11:55:45 #835528

Hi Remya! You will manage to visit Chateau de Chillon and return to Lucerne the same day, if the traveling times displayed in the timetables I mentioned are acceptable to you. I just don’t think you’ll be able to get to the vineyards and Montreux as well. There are lots of alternatives though. Consider Rigi and Pilatus near Lucerne for example, or check this day trip overview for trips near Interlaken.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2012 at 3:35:44 #835529

Hi Ramya,
    We are just back from switzerland…just go through my trip report that i’ve posted on april 7th .It may give you some idea.
    Consider the round trip with lake cruise and train to Rigi…which will be beautiful ( free with swiss pass) …it’ll take about half day.
    Dont combine jungfrau and schillthorn,,,as you wont find time to enjoy on the top…you’ll be in a hurry to visit the other one.
    Have a great time in switzerland.

• The thread ‘Help needed with 5 day itenary in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.