help planning a 4days 3night trip in Switzerland.

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2015 at 10:12:29 #807268

i am coming to Zurich on 22nd evening and leave on 26th morning. in the time available, I am keen on going to Jungfrau glacier and also travelling on the glacier express if possible. What should my base be ?

is this heavy season or can I come and reserve the journey on the glacier express on arrival?

Any particular benefits buying a first class more expensive pass versus the second class one and will it be cheaper to buy online or can I come and buy it on my arrival?

just made a last minute decision to come to switzeland and would be grateful for suggestions.

Binu

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    21 May 2015 at 14:58:10 #843281

Hi nkashyap, and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

If you want to travel by Glacier Express, you should have several base towns. You could first travel to Interlaken for your trip to the Jungfraujoch. You’d then travel to Brig or Zermatt to get on the Glacier Express and end up in Chur or St. Moritz, before heading back to Zurich. It will be quite a full schedule this way, but that’s inevitable if you want to make the Glacier Express journey. Here‘s more information on how to plan your stay.

Glacier Express seats should be booked in advance. You don’t mention the month in which you’ll be traveling, but since it’s a last minute decision, I assume it’s May. So you should try to book seats as soon as possible.

The difference between first and second class is explained here. Which pass is best depends on your final travel schedule, but you will need one. A Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex (Combi) may suit your needs. Just follow the links to see all purchase options and prices. In many cases, buying online is cheaper, but if you really leave tomorrow you can’t order your pass in time.

These tips help you to figure out which pass is best.

Have a wonderful stay in Switzerland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2015 at 16:35:45 #843282

Thanks,This is really helpful. I am flying tomorrow and will act on your suggestions immediately.

Binu

• The thread ‘help planning a 4days 3night trip in Switzerland.’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.