help planning a 4days 3night trip in Switzerland.

help planning a 4days 3night trip in Switzerland.

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 21, 2015 - 10:12 AM

i am coming to Zurich on 22nd evening and leave on 26th morning. in the time available, I am keen on going to Jungfrau glacier and also travelling on the glacier express if possible. What should my base be ?

is this heavy season or can I come and reserve the journey on the glacier express on arrival?

Any particular benefits buying a first class more expensive pass versus the second class one and will it be cheaper to buy online or can I come and buy it on my arrival?

just made a last minute decision to come to switzeland and would be grateful for suggestions.

Binu

Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
May 21, 2015 - 2:58 PM

Hi nkashyap, and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

If you want to travel by Glacier Express, you should have several base towns. You could first travel to Interlaken for your trip to the Jungfraujoch. You'd then travel to Brig or Zermatt to get on the Glacier Express and end up in Chur or St. Moritz, before heading back to Zurich. It will be quite a full schedule this way, but that's inevitable if you want to make the Glacier Express journey. Here's more information on how to plan your stay.

Glacier Express seats should be booked in advance. You don't mention the month in which you'll be traveling, but since it's a last minute decision, I assume it's May. So you should try to book seats as soon as possible.

The difference between first and second class is explained here. Which pass is best depends on your final travel schedule, but you will need one. A Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex (Combi) may suit your needs. Just follow the links to see all purchase options and prices. In many cases, buying online is cheaper, but if you really leave tomorrow you can't order your pass in time.

These tips help you to figure out which pass is best.

Have a wonderful stay in Switzerland!

Last modified on Jun 29, 2015 - 4:53 PM by Annika
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 21, 2015 - 4:35 PM in reply to Annika

Thanks,This is really helpful. I am flying tomorrow and will act on your suggestions immediately.

Binu

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016