Help please! Im travelling in Switzerland for time

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 December 2011 at 0:47:53 #804816

Hello! 🙂

I will be travelling to Europe for the first time next year, in Feb (2012). I need some sdvice on getting around Switzerland, I am travelling alone, so car rental is far to expensive. I touch down in Zurich, and basically plan to head to:

Maybe Innsbruck (Austria),
    St Moritz/Chur,
    Cresciano,
    Interlaken,
    Montreaux,
    and finally Geneva.

If there is anyone that can help me with either rail options/bus options it would be greatly appreciated, especially for Cresciano, super worried I’m going to wind up in the cold because I’m lost!

Help! Anyone… Moderator?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    1 January 2012 at 5:08:21 #834587

Hello livelearnlove, and welcome to the forum! Train traveling in Switzerland is great, and you’ll easily find your way around there. First of all, the Swiss timetable is of great help. Simply enter your departure and destination stations, your preferred dates and times of traveling, and the timetable will come up with all options. It shows platform numbers too, so if you want to be prepared while traveling you can copy or note all this information and carry it along. You’ll also find train personnel at the railway stations and in the trains, ready to answer your questions or show you the way.

As for Cresciano: buses from Chur to Bellinzona leave each hour or every two hours. There you can take a bus to Cresciano. The trip Chur-Cresciano takes about 2h45 in total. Of course you can get there from other directions (Interlaken/Lucerne and Montreux) too.

Since you plan to travel quite a lot, a rail pass will save you money. If you intend to travel nearly each day, you could consider a Swiss Pass. The guidelines in our FAQ may help you choose.

Does that get you started? Best regards,

• The thread ‘Help please! Im travelling in Switzerland for time’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.