Help required with Swiss itinerary and rail

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 January 2017 at 16:58:46 #810599

Hello Friends

I am planning to visit Switzerland in the month of May with my family. We have booked our hotels in the following manner.

2 Nights in Interlaken

3 Nights in Lucern

2 Nights in Zurich

I have the following questions on which I need your help.

1. Which Rail pass should I opt for ? Also, which would be cheaper… A friend of mine has recommended that I take the 8 day pass… How much should it cost…

2. Where would i get a good deal / discounts with the pass.

3. Would this pass cover the following sightseeings..

a. Tickets to Glacier 3000 (Seat reservation Glacier Express) :- Is this recommended.

b. Excursion to Mt. Jungfraujoch

c. Excursion to Mt. Titlis

d. Lake Lucerne Panoramic Sightseeing Cruise

e. Zurich City Tour

f. Rhine Falls

Also, from which city should I take the excursions. I mean to ask is like Mt. Jungfraujoch would be cheaper and near from which city.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kind Regards

Amit Arora

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 January 2017 at 17:52:53 #858153

Hi AmitArora amd welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Take a look at our page on how to choose the best rail pass for help on this question. It will show you all the options, prices and promotions available to you as well as where each pass is valid. For you itinerary a Swiss Travel Pass is probably the best option.
    2. see above 🙂
    3. Depends on which pass you choose.
      a. The Glacier 3000 (nearest large town is Montreux) and the Glacier Express (scenic train running between Zermatt and St. Moritz via Chur) are two different activities.
      (reservations on the Glacier Express are required and extra on top of any pass you buy).
      b. Rail passes provide a discount only
      c. Yes at a discount
      d.Yes
      e. public transport – yes; actual tour of the city – no
      f. Yes to the Rhine Falls but not the entrance fee

Interlaken or Lauterbrunnen would be the most convenient towns to base yourself in for trips to Jungfraujoch.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have further questions!

Lucas

• The thread ‘Help required with Swiss itinerary and rail’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.