Help to choose between Swiss pass or half farecard

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2015 at 8:28:41 #807224

I am traveling(in total 4 adults) to Switzerland. my itinerary is as below

20 june: Reaching to Basel airport at 9:30am. And start going to Rhine falls.In evening back to Zurich and stay overnight.

21 June: Going to Lucerne reaching by 10 am and in the afternoon Interlaken lake.

22 June: Day trip to Mount Titlis

23 June: Day trip to jungfraujoch.

24 June: starting in the morning by train via chur and will reach Milan by 5:00PM

I have train at milan at 7:00 pm to go to venice.

Can you please suggest which travel card i should go for or should i go for normal ticket?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 May 2015 at 10:04:49 #843094

Hi dinesh,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Buying tickets on the go will definitely be the most expensive option. I’d recommend a Swiss Half Fare Card. Do you can do the math to verify, if you wish.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2015 at 10:32:22 #843095

Thank You Arno for such a quick reply.

I will do the math and check.

Few doubts i have is as below

1. Staring from Basel at 10 AM to Rhine falls, boating there and coming back to Zürich by end of day is possible?

3. Is it doable one day trip (via train) from Lucerne to Jungfraujoch?

4. On last day we are going to start from Lucerne to Milan.

which rote is possible if we start around 6am and has to reach milan latest by 6:pm

a. via chur, St mortiz, Tirano, Milan

b. via Chur, St Mortiz, Lugano, Milan

c, via interlaken, Brig, Lugano, Milan

From http://www.sbb.ch It appears possible but looking for better and comfortable one.

Please suggest for this.

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 May 2015 at 10:45:26 #843096

Hi dinesh,

1. Yes, that’s possible. Please see here for details.

3. It’s doable but it’s a very long trip. You’ll be spending 8.5 hours on trains to get there and back. Please see the timetable for details, and the Jungfraujoch page.

4. I’m not sure what route B would look like in detail. A more obvious route would be Chur – Thusis – Bellinzona – Milan, but perhaps I am missing the point. In any case, route A is very nice. It’s the Bernina Express route. I’d recommend that if you don’t mind spending a long day of traveling.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2015 at 11:30:04 #843097

Hello Arno

Thank you for the help its has really help full in deciding route. I will be taking Bernia Express route till tirano and from there trenford to milan..

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 May 2015 at 11:35:23 #843098

Hi dinesh,

Glad to hear it was useful. Note that you have two options from Tirano: by train to Milan like you suggested, or continue the Bernina Express route by the scenic bus route, like explained on the page I referred to. In any case, have fun!

• The thread ‘Help to choose between Swiss pass or half farecard’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.