Planning a 3 day trip in Switzerland in November

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 October 2016 at 22:31:56 #810221

Hello

I am travelling with my family to switzerland for 3 days in the month of november 2016.

since its a 3 day trip i would like you to suggest a plan that we can follow for this duration

i am sharing my travel details

arrival – from milan on 9th november in the morning to zurich. (tentative)

departure – from lucerne on 12th afternoon by TGV to paris (confirmed)

places that we want to cover in these days: a short city tour of ZURICH , LUCERNE – mt pilatus , lake lucerne , mt rigi , mt titlis and the glaciers with the cable car activity, skiing and other snow sports would be great as well , old lucerne and any other interesting spots in and around lucerne , INTERLAKEN – jungfrau , lake thun and brienz , jungfrau park etc,

If time permits after covering all of this within the given duration , we would like to see GRINDELWALD .or ZERMATT

also , we are a family of 4 people , 2 adults and 2 youth ( 18 and 21 years of age) . what kind of a swiss pass would you recommend and how can we avail it?

since we haven’t booked our tickets from milan to zurich yet , I was also thinking if we could directly travel to lucerne from milan and keep it as our base. Can we take single day tours to the above mentioned places from lucerne ? If yes , when and how can we make the bookings or look for further information.

I WOULD BE GLAD IF YOU CAN REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE AT THE EARLIEST AS WE ARE RUNNING SHORT OF TIME. AN ITINERARY WOULD BE PERFECT IF POSSIBLE.

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    13 October 2016 at 0:40:46 #856522

Hi PPS1495

Welcome to my Swiss Alps.

Sorry that your planning is rushed; however, at that time, there are very few tourists,so, if the hotels along your route are open, they are likely to have rooms even at the last minute.

Here is a partial answer that can help you get started.

Skip Zürich.

Go directly to Luzern. Good train service from Milano Centrale, via Arth Goldau.

As you have noted, Luzern is an excellent base for a first trip and a short trip.

http://www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne

Zermatt is a bit far away.

You have asked to fit in about a weeks worth of travel in 2 1/2 days. Hard to do.

To understand travel times, you must use the timetable, and should use a map:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

mapsearch.ch

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 October 2016 at 4:26:17 #856523

Hi… just to give you a suggestion skip Zurich and make your base as lucerne. Book a hotel which is near to train station. I am forgetting the name but there is hotel starting starting with letter W which is just 2 mins from station. During the winter season most of the hotels offer free tell pass with the stay. You can call hotel and check with them. In this limited time I think u should do mt titlis, mt pilatis and lake lucerne and few other things which comes under tell pass and free. The other trips like Interlaken and all are not covered under it and u have to buy Swiss pass. All these passes are quite expensive so basically first u should plan what all you can do in these 2 and Half days. Cos each trip takes almost the whole day. It’s around 5-8 HR trip. Depending on the distance. I hope this is a bit of help to u.

• The thread ‘Planning a 3 day trip in Switzerland in November’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.