Help with itinerary for Brienz and Zermatt in June

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2016 at 2:03:40 #809255

Hello,

I planned trip to Switzerland from 15th June to 23rd June. we would reach Basel at night and spend night there and then reach our hotel in Brienz.

we would be staying in Brienz from June 16th till June 21st. I wanted to make one proper base and they travel from there. We would be travelling to Junfrau,Titlis, Lucerne, Montreux and some scenic villages from Brienz everyday.

The problem i am facing is that 21st June till 23rd June are for Zermatt. We have flight on 23rd from Basel to Brussels.

Should I come to Zermatt on 20th?

Please help. I am too confused with this.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    21 May 2016 at 9:04:10 #852287

Hi Jade02, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I’m afraid I don’t understand your question. Are you wondering whether you should get to Zermatt on either 20 or 21 June? And if so, is it because you’re not sure whether you should be spending an extra day in either Brienz or Zermatt? If you can clarify things, we’ll be able to provide some ideas.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2016 at 9:08:25 #852288

Hi Annika

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am asking the same thing that you said. Are 2 days enough in Zermatt or should I make it 3 ?

Thanks a lot

regards

Annika
    7116 posts
    21 May 2016 at 9:21:48 #852289

Hi Jade02,

Well, both would be fine and you really can’t go wrong with either choice. Zermatt’s location is quite isolated, so you can’t easily travel to other regions as you’ll be doing from Brienz. Zermatt is a nice town with beautiful scenery though, where one could easily spend a week or even longer as there’s lots of mountain transportation and hiking options. But since you have a pretty long list of destinations to visit from Brienz, two days in Zermatt should suffice. In the end it all depends on your personal preferences. Studying our Zermatt page may help you out.

• The thread ‘Help with itinerary for Brienz and Zermatt in June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.