Help with travel in Switzerland Titlis & Jungfrau

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2015 at 13:15:31 #807429

hi, I am travelling to Geneva for a three day official trip June 23-25. Would like to take this opportunity to visit Mt. Titles and also Jungfraujoch. I plan to stay for a couple of extra days, departing on June 28. Please suggest the best modes of transport- rail or car. I will be accompanied by my wife and 14 year old son. Further while searching I did stumble upon the Swiss half fare passes on public transport. Can I use this for my trips to Titlus and Jungfraujoch. Thanks a advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    21 June 2015 at 17:23:01 #843888

Hi jags0206,

You can best travel by train. A car offers no advantage for your plans. The trains are very pleasant to travel with, and offer wonderful views. You can base yourself in Interlaken or Meiringen for a few days and visit both Mount Titlis and Jungfraujoch from there.

The Swiss Half Fare Card is indeed a good option as it gets you a 50% discount on all trips. You may want to compare that option with a 3- or 4-day Swiss Travel Pass. I’m afraid you’re too late to purchase either of these through the cheaper online resellers. But you can buy them in Switzerland, or through the Swiss Railways website (same price as in Switzerland) and print the passes at home, or have them delivered to your hotel in Geneva. In both cases your son travels along for free with the free Swiss Family Card.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2015 at 20:06:10 #843889

Hi. Thanks. Am in Geneva and need your advice. I have a valid Swiss travel pass and have purchased a one day special one day pass for my wife for 26 June. I would like to travel to Jangfruagh. My questions are a) what be the best route to take. I am staying in Geneva. And b) what is the validity of the Swiss travel pass and the special one day pass. What other tickets I need to purchase and do I need to do the booking online or can I get the tickets at the train station. And finally c) what are the best things to do while I am there. I have a full day. Thanks in advance. DJ

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 June 2015 at 10:24:17 #843890

Hi jags0206,

a) You first need to travel to Interlaken Ost. Please see the Jungfraujoch page for the rest of the route. It’s a very long trip from Geneva, more than 5 hours one way. I would normally not recommend this as a day trip. If you don’t mind the amount of traveling, then be sure to check the weather forecast before you leave.

b) I am not sure which one day pass you mean. Is it the one discussed here? If you already purchased it you can ask the point of sale about the validity. In either case, you can visit a staffed service desk at the rail station, show the pass, and they will be able to sell you any additional tickets if required.

The Swiss Travel Pass validity can be found here.

c) Please see the Jungfraujoch page for what to expect there.

• The thread ‘Help with travel in Switzerland Titlis & Jungfrau’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.