Help with planning Zermatt activities

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2016 at 5:20:20 #808367

Hi,

i will be staying in Zermatt on the 28th feb and will be departing Zermatt on 1st March to venice.

I’m confuse about the itinerary planning for this 3d2n stay in Zermatt. I will be arriving to Zermatt at 1413hrs on the 28th.

the first day is probably just explore Zermatt town till night time.

the 2nd day full day I am thinking of going up to the alps area. But I have no idea which to go. I’m going with my wife. Any suggestions on this 2nd day planning for me? Probably can relax, have some simple activities.

need help In this. Thank you.

from,

Jarrel

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 February 2016 at 5:24:07 #848153

Hi Jarrel,

Please have a look at myswissalps.com/ zermatt/ activities. One of the lower elevations hikes would be fine (higher ones may be inaccessible apart from prepared winter trails). A visit to Gornergrat would be wonderful.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2016 at 15:50:31 #848154

Hi Arno,

thanks for the link. After reading through the few activities, is it possible to go up to Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn in 1 day? Or do I have to choose 1 only? If there is only 1 to choose from, which area would u recommend?

from,

jarrel

Annika
    7124 posts
    5 February 2016 at 8:50:07 #848155

Hi Jarrel,

It’s certainly doable to do both in one day, for example Gornergrat in the morning and Klein Matterhorn in the afternoon. You’d best consult the timetable to find details on traveling times. My personal favorite is Gornergrat, as it offers the more “classic” views of the Matterhorn.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    6 February 2016 at 1:14:09 #848156

Hi Jarrel –

Seems like you will not have a lot of time on the 3rd day (March 1) because you have to leave for Venice?

6 1/2 to 8 1/2 hour train ride.

Check the sunset times for the 28th. 1813.. dark early.

http://www.myswissalps.com/time

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Help with planning Zermatt activities’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.