Hergiswil to Lucerne by boat on my way to Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2017 at 14:05:25 #811024

I am thinking of either doing a boat trip from Lucerne to Hergiswil or Hergiswil to Lucerne as part of one of my travel routes back from Mt Titlis. I am trying to find where I can view a timetable or search. When I go to the Lake Lucerne site it sends me to the SBB site and all the routes they display are train routes only. Can someone direct me where I need to go?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2017 at 17:40:57 #859902

Hi Aznqt703,

When you go on the SBB timetable, and enter your to and from towns hit search, then click on advanced search and de-select all forms of transport except ships (check marks) and hit search again.

By default, the SBB site shows you the quickest options – you have to force it to show you others!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2017 at 0:09:06 #859903

You can also download a timetable showing all boat departures from Hergiswil for the dates you wil be there.

It’s only in German, but the key words are:

“Abfahrt der Schiffe”: ship departure times.

“Richtung”: direction

“Rundfahrt”: round trip

“Zeichenerklärung”: explanation of symbols

Explanations for some of the symbols are in English as well as German.

Departure times by calling point 2017 (Calling points are in alphabetical order after Luzern.)

http://www.lakelucerne .ch/en/timetable-fares/timetable/

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2017 at 16:47:32 #859904

thanks for the advice. Looks like there are no boats running from Hergiswil until April 14th of 2017. That would make sense as to why I tried both methods you suggested and was not able to find anything. On the SBB there did no show any boat trips and on the Lake Lucerne schedules, the timetable by port for the winter season did not even list Hergiswil as a port

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 March 2017 at 6:37:03 #859905

Hi Aznqt703,

There are boats operating from Hergiswil to Lucerne on April 14. You can find them in both timetables provided in the previous post, but the number of boats per day is limited.

• The thread ‘Hergiswil to Lucerne by boat on my way to Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.