Hikes St. Moritz

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2010 at 6:52:14 #803751

Hello, I’m looking for hikes in the St. Moritz area. Which routes can you recommend? We’re trained so the rotues don’t have to be that easy. Nice views and quiet valleys would be appreciated as well! Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2010 at 13:31:21 #831037

I’d definately recommend the route from Piz Nair to Bever through the Bever valley. Piz Nair offers stunning views of the Engadine and the lake area. From there you’ll gradually descend to the valley of Bever, which is a wonderful piece of nature. Do mind to start early in the morning for the best views. You may end your route earlier by stopping at Spinas and taking the train to Bever from there.

Annika
    7116 posts
    4 April 2010 at 6:35:22 #831038

Thank you, Atmer-60! The route Piz Nair – Bever would be on my list too. Similar hikes starting at viewing points are Muottas Muragl – Alp Languard, Murtel – Pontresina, Furtschellas – Val Fex – Sils Maria and Muottas Muragl – Val Champagna – Samedan. The last route is wonderful, but note that the last part to Samedan, once you reach the valley bottom, is rather long and dull. The rest of the trail makes up for this though!

• The thread ‘Hikes St. Moritz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.