Hiking route/maps

Hiking route/maps

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Kwalter513
Kwalter513
6 posts
Jun 18, 2013 - 1:03 PM

Hi,
I am planning a "hut to hut" trip in the Bernese Oberland for July. The itinerary is Grindewald to Wengen, Wengen to Oberstienberg, Oberstienberg to Murren and Murren to Kandersteg. I have found hiking descriptions for most of the hikes to each location, the one that I am having trouble finding is from Obersteinberg to Murren. It sounds like there are two different options, a high route and a low route. I have been unable to find either of these hikes described anywhere i.e. distance, grading, signage etc. Do you know if I can find this somewhere for each route?

Secondly, is it imperative that I purchase a topo map for this trip and if so, can I get it in Switzerland?

Thank you for any advice.

0321recon
0321recon
13 posts
Jun 18, 2013 - 6:10 PM
You'll not have any trouble finding out about this routing even once there, but here is your online swiss map source. Very well marked in either direction from Murren or Stechelberg.

http://map.wanderland.ch/?karte=0.75&layers=&scale=24999.95&X=633976.5&Y=151494.75&lang=en
Kwalter513
Kwalter513
6 posts
Jun 18, 2013 - 6:17 PM
Thank you!
lbiggs020260
lbiggs020260
14 posts
Jun 20, 2013 - 5:04 PM
You might also like to look at http://map.schweizmobil.ch/?lang=en where you will find all the good Swiss Topo maps are available free online. You can zoom in all the way down to 1:25,000 (i.e., you can see every building and small hiking path marked) and can print sections of the map at any scale you choose.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016