Holiday

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2012 at 3:33:10 #804989

Hi, my husband and I will be going to Switzerland for 11 days from 5 April to 15 April 2012. This is our first trip to Switzerland and have very little knowledge of where we are planning to visit even thou we check thru the website. The following are the places and date that we will be there.

1) from 5 to 8 April – Langental
    2) from 9 to 12 April – St. Moritz
    3) from 13 to 15 April – Zurich.

Kindly advise should we buy the 2 in 1 offer 4 days Swiss Saver Flexi Pass or the 6 days Swiss Saver flexi pass. Moreover, we have not decide from which destination that we are going to take the train tide. Hope you can assist us as this is our 30 anniversary holiday.

Regards, Enica fm Singapore

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    8 March 2012 at 5:21:29 #835088

Hi Enica,

I assume you would like to have a couple of free travel days, apart from the transfers to the towns you listed. Getting two 4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Passes through the 2-for-1 offer would be cheaper than getting one regular 6-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. And it would get you 8 free travel days instead of 6. As you live in Singapore, trainticket.com would be the best reseller for you. But you may want to compare prices and resellers yourself on our Swiss Flexi Pass page.

You may also want to review the pages about St. Moritz and Zurich for hotel suggestions and other information about these towns.

Have a great anniversary in the Swiss Alps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2012 at 7:17:57 #835089

Hello Arno,

That’s a great suggestion. Much thanks to you. It will make our trip much more easy and freely.

Best rgds, Enica

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2012 at 2:58:33 #835090

Dear Arno,

Need your urgently reply because I am going to buy the Swiss Saver Flexi pass today.

I have encounter a problem when I buy the Swiss Saver Flexi pass from STC website on the delivery date. When I order the expected delivery date shows 18 March but there is a clause says if the departure to
    Switzerland is more than 14 days ahead, order will be put on hold and shipped about 14 days before the departure date. I will be leaving Singapore on 25 March to Hamburg and will be in Zurich on 3 April onwards so the ticket starting date is 3rd April 2012. Now, my concern is will I be able to get the ticket before 25 March.

Regards, Enica fm Singapore

Annika
    7116 posts
    9 March 2012 at 3:47:27 #835091

Hello Enica! Yes, even if the start date of your pass is April 3, you should receive it before your departure from Singapore on March 25. (March 20 is two weeks before April 3, and that’s close the delivery date now estimated by STC.) If you want, you can fill out the comments field when ordering to indicate that you’ll be leaving on March 25 and need your passes to be delivered before that date. But again, there should be no problems receiving your pass in time.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2012 at 4:38:07 #835092

Hey, you are so great and thank you for the quick response. I can proceed to buy the ticket now. Have a pleasant weekend 🙂

Best regards, Enica

• The thread ‘Holiday’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.