Holiday health insurance policy

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2011 at 3:48:59 #804671

hi, I am from singapore, I ‘ll travel to swiss from 09-09-2011 to 19-09-2011
    Refer from the website of the embassy of switzerland in singapore
    It is stated that we are recommended that you take out a holiday health insurance policy for the duration of your stay, even if you are insured abroad under your statutory health insurance system.
    My question is this holiday health insurance compulsory for all the foreign visitors travel less than ten days?
    If it is compulsory, where to apply it in singapore or
    is it available to get one at zurich airport?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    6 September 2011 at 14:02:11 #834121

Hi ozones. I’m not aware of compulsory additional health insurances, on top of the one you already have in your home country. But to be sure, you can best ask your own health insurer whether risks and costs in Switzerland are covered. You may also contact the Swiss Federal Office for Migration.

• The thread ‘Holiday health insurance policy’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.