8 Day holiday in Switzerland for 2 seniors

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2016 at 17:18:31 #809882

Hello

I have been reading the My Swiss Alps for some time and I find it a wonderful resource in planning my trip to Switzerland.We are two seniors and we like to travel.We will be in Switzerland for 8 days .

Day 1. We will be flying from India to Zurich.We have purchased an 8 day Swiss travel pass and will start using it on the next day.As we may be a bit tired we may take it easy the first day.

Day 2. The next day we will go to Mt Rigi or MtTitlis and the lake cruise in the evening.

Day 3&4. Check out from the hotel and leave for Fluellen by boat .Take the Wilhelm Tel express and spend two nights in Lugano.Visit. Monte Bre. or Monte San Salvatore and go on a lake cruise the next day. We were not able to get seat reservations from India anyway it may be good thing and give us some flexibility.We may visit Bellinzola if we have the time

Day 5&6 We have reservations by bus to Tirano and the Bernina Express and will spend two nights in St Moritz. Here we will go by cable car to Diavolleza… Pontresina some scenic places in the vicinity.The train rides will be highlights of our trip but we also like to walk but not more than one hour at a stretch.I am fond of flowers and would like to see nice gardens and beautiful scenery.

Day7&8 Travel by Glacier express to Zermatt where we stay for two nights.We will take the train to Gonergrat. On the eight day we travel from Zermatt to Zurich.,our flight leaves for London at 5pm so we have a day of travel.

Please let me know if I can fit in more activities

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2016 at 23:15:36 #855142

Hi Freny and welcome to the forum

We are also seniors so don’t do strenuous walking! I have a suggestion for you for while you are in St. Moritz as it is something we did this summer. Take the funicular from the centre of St. Moritz (Dorf) to Chanterelle, then walk the Blumenweg (flower path) where you will see lots of flowers – it is an easy path so you shouldn’t have any difficulty with it. At the end of the path follow the signs to Heidi’s hut as this will bring you back to the top of the funicular. You can then take the gondola up to Corviglia (nice place for lunch!) then another gondola up to Piz Nair where you will have great views. You can return by same route back down to St. Moritz.

Many hotels in St. Moritz give guests staying 2 nights or more an Engadine Pass which will cover the costs of the travel – also to Diavolezza if you decide to go there as well. We actually went to Diavolezza as well and then from there to Muottas Muragl on same day – easily doable. We can recommend the restaurant at Muottas Muragl for a good lunch.

Have fun!

Maggie

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    15 August 2016 at 0:23:26 #855143

<<“We can recommend the restaurant at Muottas Muragl for a good lunch.”>>

And, great views.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2016 at 8:00:08 #855144

thank you Maggie and Slowpoke for your suggestions.

I would like some suggestions for Zermatt and Lugano.

Arno
    15471 posts
    15 August 2016 at 9:09:06 #855145

Hi Freny,

You’ll find several suggestions for Zermatt and the area here (scroll down): myswissalps.com/ zermatt/activities. You can filter on hikes with a duration of less than 1.5 hours, for example.

• The thread ‘8 Day holiday in Switzerland for 2 seniors’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.