About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Hotel in Wengen - recommendations for quiet rooms
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Hotel in Wengen - recommendations for quiet rooms

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
PATTSWEI
PATTSWEI
2 posts
Sep 5, 2022 - 9:04 PM

Hello, we are planning a weeklong trip to Wengen august 2023 and trying to pick a hotel. Upon researching travel reviews have read a lot of complaining about "thin walls " disturbing sleep. I'm wondering if I spend $150 or $300 a night will this be typical to the chalet type construction of the buildings in the Alps? I am going back and forth between Baren and Maya Caprice, good price difference between the two. Appreciate any information about construction of Swiss building. Regards Pat C

Anna
Anna
4148 posts
expert &
Sep 6, 2022 - 9:06 AM in reply to PATTSWEI

Hi Pat C,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

I understand your concern. It's true some of the older buildings may have thin walls but I don't think this would be an issue if you stayed at either Hotel Bären or Hotel Maya Caprice in Wengen.

You can more hotel options in Wengen here: www.myswissalps.com/wengen/hotels

Regards,

Anna

pkerr
pkerr
248 posts
Sep 6, 2022 - 1:53 PM in reply to PATTSWEI

Hello Pattwei!

We stayed at the Maya Caprice in 2019. We loved it. The hotel had just finished renovating the bathrooms and rooms in general. The hotel is just a stones throw from the train station so it makes it VERY convenient to go back and forth. There is also a market very near it as well. We had a great room with a balcony that had a spectacular view of the valley and mountains. Breakfast was great and the staff was very friendly.

If we ever go back to Wengen, that will be the place for us. See attached pictures to get an idea of the views.

In the picture of the train... the hotel is just past that first building you see.

Oh.. and we never heard anyone in other rooms.

Attachments
My Doodles
My Doodles
21 posts
Sep 6, 2022 - 3:18 PM in reply to PATTSWEI

Hi. We will be in the Hotel Alpenrose beginning the 18th of September (2022). I can let you know what we thought. I too, don't like thin walls... :-)

Charli

Lastlook
Lastlook
120 posts
Sep 14, 2022 - 11:38 PM in reply to PATTSWEI

Fortunately, I've never experienced "thin walls" at hotels in Switzerland. I can recommend Hotel Alpenrose in Wengen. I first stayed there in 2012, and again this past June. They offer a half-board option which is quite good.

PATTSWEI
PATTSWEI
2 posts
Sep 15, 2022 - 12:07 PM in reply to Lastlook

Thank you for the reply ::) pretty sure we’re going to stay at Hotel Baren haven’t made a reservation yet .

Ildiko
Ildiko
2614 posts
expert &
Sep 15, 2022 - 12:10 PM in reply to PATTSWEI

Hi there,

Hotel Baren Wengen looks great according to the reviews: https://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel/Hotel_Baren_Lauterbrunnen.htm.I think it is a god choice.

Regards,

Ildiko

pkerr
pkerr
248 posts
Sep 15, 2022 - 12:37 PM in reply to PATTSWEI

Looks like a great place... just be aware that there is some hill / incline that you will be dealing with going back and forth to your place.

Bebe
Bebe
38 posts
Sep 15, 2022 - 6:28 PM in reply to PATTSWEI

We stayed at Hotel Edelweiss last week with lovely views from a quiet room. The hotel has a wonderful staff; however, it is below the town & train station so there is more walking than desired (for me) to/from hotel & train station. Taxis are available for transportation with luggage though.

Bebe

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2023