Hotel and church information for Lauterbrunnen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 January 2017 at 22:44:04 #810542

Good day. I haven’t been to Switzerland for over 40 years. I’m traveling for ust two days for a memorial service for my mother who recently passed away. Our entire family will be gathering at the graveside in front of the white church in front of the waterfall. I have a bad back and with the amount of air travel I have two questions.

What hotel is closest to the church and little cementary so I can make the two day arrangements ?

What is the easiest way to get to the area from flying in to Zurich Airport . A private car to pick me up and take me back to the airport would be great. I will just have a small carry on. I don’t need the big Ski vans advertised on the internet. I arrive Thursday early afternoon April 27th and leave Saturday April 29th in the morning to catch a flight from Zurich Airport

My maternal family is named Alder and I look forward to seeing relatives that I haven’t connected with since a 20 year old. Now all of us in our 60’s and older will come together and share memories of our wonderful and deeply loved relatives . This is a hard trip for me physically and emotionally and to have the ease of the closest hotel and a driver to and from Zurich airport would be great. My vision is poor . I speak only English. My French is little. Thank you so very much. Debora

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 January 2017 at 7:19:00 #857918

Hi Debora and welcome to MySwissAlps.

I’m sorry for your loss and I hope we can help your trip to be as easy and convenient as possible.

I’m not sure however, which church and graveyard you are referring to. I get the idea it is somewhere in Zurich? Or is it in another nearby village? Do you know the name of the village or church?

There is certainly cars with drivers available for you from Zurich airport to take you where you need to go. Please find a link here for further details and contacts for companies you can use.

Don’t worry about language issues – virtually everyone in Zurich speaks some English. If you end up in a smaller village there may be some issues.

In the travel/transportation industry people will be basically fluent but it always helps to ask the car service to ensure the driver speaks English as well.

Please let me know if I can be of further help,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 January 2017 at 15:27:53 #857919

Lucas,

I’m officially mortified . I never wrote the towns name. Lauterbrunnen. There is a White church with the waterfall directly behind it. My entire family is buried in the small cemetery. I need to be as close as possible because of vision issues. There are so many hotels up and down the Main Street and I haven’t a clue. Since I will be alone , my siblings traveling without me I need to make it to the grave site as easily as possible. Thank you Lucas for responding.

Yes.. picking out a church in Zurich is a bit much to ask what hotel is near a church? Debora.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 January 2017 at 17:20:09 #857920

Hi Debora,no worries!

Well its narrowed down now. I’m not 100% sure still as there are a couple churches in the area. The Lauterbrunnen church is located here. For this church the Hotel Staubbach is the closet.

See here for a link for Lauterbrunnen hotels and part way down is a link and information on Hotel Staubbach (just around the corner from the church.

My suggestion is to call that hotel and reconfirm their details and location to be on the safe side. 0041 033 855 54 54

Lucas

• The thread ‘Hotel and church information for Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.