Hotel or apartment for a week in Fiesch?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2010 at 1:20:35 #803764

hi, what are your experiencies in swiss hotels/apartments? Staying a week in fiesch in august and wondering if I should book a hotel or apartment. What about swiss hotels, are they clean and are there any cheap options? All I checked so far is so expensive! are apartments a better choice and how could i find one? our travel party will be me, my brother and 4 friends. thanks for your input

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    9 April 2010 at 6:26:07 #831075

Hello Suissy,

Apartments are often less expensive than hotels. With a travel party of 5 you would need 2 or 3 hotel rooms, which might turn out to be quite expensive in a popular tourist resort such as Fiesch. Instead, you could rent an apartment. This will probably be more economical. Moreover, you can arrange for your own breakfast and dinner each day, which saves lots of money as well. Apartments are available in all comfort classes. The most basic ones can be cheap, especially if you can share the costs with 5 people.

You might want to take a look into our other tips to save on your stay in Switzerland too.

Good luck and have a beautiful stay in Fiesch!

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    10 April 2010 at 3:57:06 #831076

Suissy, we have always rented apartments en for us that was always the best option. When you are a party of five, it might even be cosy to cook you own meals. Or if you don’t like that, there are always restaurants, of course. But hotels are good en clean too, it’s just what you like. Relevant links have already been given. For us an apartment always meant more freedom, no fixed times for breakfast or dinner.
    Fiesch is beautiful, I hope you will enjoy your stay!

Olga

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2010 at 9:09:44 #831077

thanks for your answers!

• The thread ‘Hotel or apartment for a week in Fiesch?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.