Hotels near rail station in St Moritz and Zermatt

Hotels near rail station in St Moritz and Zermatt

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
patricia
patricia
3 posts
Oct 8, 2010 - 8:26 AM
I'm taking the Glacier Express from St Moritz to Zermatt on Oct 13 and need overnight accommodation in both places. Within walking distance. Any recommendation of reasonable rates and good experience?

Patricia
Annika
Annika
4424 posts
expert &
Oct 10, 2010 - 8:50 AM
Hi Patricia. First of all, it's great that you'll be making the beautiful Glacier Express trip!

As for hotels: this topic on hotels in Zermatt may help you out, to start with. Personally I can add the Alpenstern hotel, which is very close to the main railway station. It's quite simple, but just fine for an overnight stay. Further hotels can be found in our hotel list.

This goes for St. Moritz as well. I don't have any personal experience with hotels there, but I do know that most hotels in the town centre and close to the main railway station are rather expensive. Instead, you may want to opt for an overnight stay in a nearby town. Towns as Celerina, Samedan and Bever can easily be reached by train within only a few minutes from St. Moritz, and they offer more affordable hotel options. Please take a look at the cheap accommodation page as well.

I hope this gets you started. Good luck on your further preparations!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016