Hotels near rail station in St Moritz and Zermatt

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 October 2010 at 6:26:01 #804018

I’m taking the Glacier Express from St Moritz to Zermatt on Oct 13 and need overnight accommodation in both places. Within walking distance. Any recommendation of reasonable rates and good experience?

Patricia

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    10 October 2010 at 8:50:49 #831887

Hi Patricia. First of all, it’s great that you’ll be making the beautiful Glacier Express trip!

As for hotels: this topic on hotels in Zermatt may help you out, to start with. Personally I can add the Alpenstern hotel, which is very close to the main railway station. It’s quite simple, but just fine for an overnight stay. Further hotels can be found in our hotel list.

This goes for St. Moritz as well. I don’t have any personal experience with hotels there, but I do know that most hotels in the town centre and close to the main railway station are rather expensive. Instead, you may want to opt for an overnight stay in a nearby town. Towns as Celerina, Samedan and Bever can easily be reached by train within only a few minutes from St. Moritz, and they offer more affordable hotel options. Please take a look at the cheap accommodation page as well.

I hope this gets you started. Good luck on your further preparations!

• The thread ‘Hotels near rail station in St Moritz and Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.