How can I reservation a train seat?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2016 at 16:41:04 #808523

I’m going to buy for my trip to Switzerland Swiss Pass. I know that some special train is required to reserve a seat in advance, but I can order it through the Internet? What is the web address?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    2 March 2016 at 18:28:37 #848949

Hi myhide3709, thanks for joining us!

Reservation procedures and websites depend on the exact train. Please find the train(s) you’re interested in through our list of scenic trains and study the “tickets” sections of those pages. You’ll find explanations and links there.

I think you’re referring to the Swiss Travel Pass (the Swiss Pass is for Swiss residents only). Purchase options are here.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    4 March 2016 at 9:53:25 #848950

Hi myhide3709 – On regular trains in Switzerland, you do not need reservations.

However, reservations are appropriate or necessary for the special scenic trains, as Annika has pointed out.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2016 at 12:21:25 #848951

Thank you all your information😊

• The thread ‘How can I reservation a train seat?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.