How do I book ferry and train tickets William Tell

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2015 at 7:27:26 #807291

Hello. I have been trying for hours to buy 2 tickets for the ferry that goes from Luzern to Fluelen and then on the William Tell express to Lugano. I’m not getting anywhere! We plan to do this trip on 16th August and I want to make sure that we get tickets and the necessary up grade from 2nd class to first for the ferry. Could you help me with this? If all else fails, could you give me a phone number for Swiss travel bookings. Thanks a lot.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 May 2015 at 10:08:57 #843411

Hi aussie,

I’m sorry to hear it’s taking you so much time. The problem might be that you’re trying to book to Lugano. The train goes to Locarno. That means you only need to book to Bellinzona, and that’s where you change to a regular train to Lugano.

The link and instructions to book regular tickets can be found on myswissalps.com/ wilhelmtellexpress/tic kets.

Assuming you have a 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass, please also see the instructions in this forum topic. The traveler there is from Brazil, but the explanation applies to you as well. You just need to go to http://www.raileurope.com.au# tab3 instead.

Did it work now?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2015 at 12:18:53 #843412

still no luck unfortunately. When I used the site you suggested, they keep telling me that they don’t recognize the departure point. I put in Luzern sgvwmTell Was this correct?

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 May 2015 at 13:35:17 #843413

No, it’s Luzern Sgv Wm Tell. It should be exactly that, including spaces and capitals. It should also pop up once you start typing. It’s a pretty weird system, but it does work once you know what to do. I tried when I wrote my previous post and it worked fine.

I hope it work for you now.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2015 at 22:24:42 #843414

Thanks Arno for your extreme patience! I’ll give it another go. I began to wonder if I was trying to book too early. I’m not going until August 16. Can I upgrade to 1st class when we get to Zurich and pay for the surcharge ( what exactly is that) or can I do that on line too? Thanks so much.

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 May 2015 at 7:05:21 #843415

You’re welcome, no problem! The upgrade can be purchased in Zurich or at any other staffed rail station in Switzerland. There might be a way to do so online but I don’t know the details of that. All you need now is the seat reservations and the Swiss Travel Pass.

• The thread ‘How do I book ferry and train tickets William Tell’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.