Northern and western towns to visit from Wengen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2017 at 17:33:51 #812801

My husband & I plan to stay in Wengen as our base for our 8 day trip to Switzerland. On days we don’t hike, we would like to see the western & north western sights, villages and cities of Switzerland, but would need to make sure we can experience a round trip day by using our Swiss Travel Pass. What places would you recommend? Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2017 at 18:46:30 #867682

Hi BandA,

How far you want to travel in a day is up to you – you could really visit almost any town in one day if you really wanted to. 🙂

What are you looking fro in the Swiss towns and villages? I think Bernis definitely worth a visit as would be Montreux – those are the first two to come to mind for me.

Smaller towns that I would look at are Solothurn and Stein am Rhein as well.

Have a read through our Swiss towns link to see what towns may appeal to you and then use the Swiss railways timetable to see if the time it takes to get there and back is ok for you.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2017 at 22:46:13 #867683

I agree with Lucas’s choices – we like all those places! We just spent a lovely day in Stein am Rhein last week. We are staying closer to Bern than you are so our journey times are shorter than yours will be but the timetable will help you decide what is possible in a day. You could also consider Kandersteg and Gstaad. St. Gallen has a wonderful library. We also liked Einsiedeln when we went there.

Maggie

• The thread ‘Northern and western towns to visit from Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.