How is the weather in May first week?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 January 2017 at 12:10:45 #810561

Hi All,

As i am planning my trip in the first week of May this year, I want to know how are the weather situations during that time

Also, I want to know if the staff at the rail stations speaks English because I dont know any other foreign language than English

thanks,

Mona

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    12 January 2017 at 18:59:52 #857985

Hi Mona,

Weather in the Alps is highly changeable and there’s no way of telling what the circumstances will be like in early May yet. You may encounter anything, ranging from pretty warm spring weather in the lower areas to much colder conditions higher up in the mountains, from clear sunny skies to clouds and rain. Weather forecasts only start to become reliable a couple of days in advance. Our weather and season pages may be of help here.

Yes, most railway employees speak English, especially in the tourist areas and at larger stations.

• The thread ‘How is the weather in May first week?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.