How many days Swiss Travel Pass do I need?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2016 at 16:38:05 #809799

Hi .Back here after a month as my holiday finally seems to be taking shape.

I have lot of questions, have been reading threads here, but remain as confused.

So let me spell out my travel plan first

1. 5Sep16..Venice…Interlaken…Grinderwald/ Murren/ Wengen.

Q (A) Is this journey feasible or too ambitious. (I want to stay in hills and not at Interlaken)

Q (B) How to plan this train journey and how to apply Swiss travel pass to it?

2. 6 Sep Visit Jungfrau.

3. 7 Sep Visit Scilthorn.

4. 8 Sep from Grinderwald/ Murren / Wengen to Engelberg

5 9 Sep visit Mt Titlis. Proceed to Luzern (Lucerne).

6. 10 Sep visit around Lucerne.

7 11 Sep ..Lucerne to Florance

Q (C) How many days Swiss Travel Pass would you suggest for above travel plans

Q (D) Which of Grinderlwald/ Murren/ Wengen have better views and is a better place to stay?

Q (E) Would it be better if stay 05 and 06 Sep at one the above three places and 07 Sep at the other of two to get views of both side mountains and valleys.

supplementary question s and more queries follow

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    2 August 2016 at 17:35:14 #854765

Hi Cupid,

A) D) Grindelwald, Mürren and Wengen are all in the mountains, so any of them will work fine for you. All are popular places. Grindelwald is the largest town. The other two are car free so quieter.

B) You need to buy a ticket for the Venice to Domodossola leg. The Swiss Travel Pass covers the rest of the trip. Please see here for where to buy:

C) A 15 day pass would work well. An 8 day pass would not work as it leaves you with 3 days without a pass, and a 15 day pass does not cost that much extra.

E) You’d better stay in one town. The Jungfrau region is small and you can easily see all towns on day trips.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2016 at 21:55:27 #854766

Hi Annika

Thanks for your prompt reply. On rechecking my schedule, i find 8 day Swiss Travel Pass would be the best.

Q1 Is venice to Grinderwald possible in a day or is it to hectic?

Q2. On 3rd day i plan to check out of Grinderwald ,visit Scilthorn and stay overnight at Wengen. Suggest the route to follow for

a) Grinderwald to Scilthorn

b) Scilthorn to Wengen

Q3. Are Euros widely accepted in this area?

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 August 2016 at 5:48:55 #854767

Hi Cupid,

Q1/2. You can find all schedules in the timetable.

Q3. The only official currency in Switzerland is the Swiss franc. Please find more details here: myswissalps.com/ swissfranc.

• The thread ‘How many days Swiss Travel Pass do I need?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.