How soon can you book tickets?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 July 2013 at 21:58:11 #806117

I tried to book ticket on the SBB.ch Swiss Railways site for a trip from Lauterbrunnen to Rome, via Spiez and Milan on September 24, 2013. The calendar on the site will only allow be to chose travel dates from today through the end of August. How long do I have to wait until I am able to book the tickets for this trip?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    23 July 2013 at 12:20:06 #839082

Hello STLtraveler,

Most trains can be booked 60 to 90 days ahead of time. The tickets may already be available on other sites. Where do you live? I can see if there are other sites you could check. Please mind the shipping options on SBB.ch. I think they only allow collection at a Swiss rail station (which may or may not be convenient for you) or shipping via post, but there may be a local reseller who can ship it for less or for free and allows payment in your own currency.

• The thread ‘How soon can you book tickets?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.