How to activate the Half Fare Pass?

• msra7hm2
    Participant
    63 posts
    27 August 2015 at 9:40:00 #807835

Hi

I would be arriving at Zurich Airport at 5 pm on October 2. I am going to order the Half Fare Pass now and have the following questions:

1. How do I activate the pass?

2. Can I buy the ticket to Murren in the train or should I buy from the window?

3. Will I get a ticket all the way from Zurich Airport to Murren BLM or will I have to buy separate tickets at different stops?

P.S> I will buy the half fare card from Rail Europe India.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 August 2015 at 10:18:01 #845775

Hi msra7hm2,

1. Rail Europe India has explained the process on their FAQ page: http://www.raileurope.co.in/ plan-your-trip/faq/. It’s also explained on our Swiss Half Fare Card page: http://www.myswissalps.com/ swisshalffarecard/ howtouse. The airport has a rail station where you can have it done.

2. You can’t buy it in the train. You can get it from the ticket window or the ticket machine.

3. It’s just one ticket for the whole trip.

Enjoy Mürren!

msra7hm2
    Participant
    63 posts
    27 August 2015 at 11:21:18 #845776

I am just concerned if there is nobody at the ticket office to activate my pass at 5 pm. You think there will be someone at that time?

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 August 2015 at 11:27:40 #845777

No problem, 5 pm is rush hour so there will definitely be someone. The ticket window is open from 6:15 am to 10:30 pm.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2015 at 0:17:39 #845778

Hi. There

we will not use the pass on arrival. Do we have to go to train station to activate it.? We have to take a bus to go the train. How can we make use of the pass yo take the bus?

thanks

Jp

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 August 2015 at 6:02:24 #845779

Hi Jp,

You can activate the pass at any staffed rail station, and you can ask them to do so for another date. So just have it done whenever is most convenient for you, but before you take the bus.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2015 at 11:34:10 #845780

Hi Arno

Appreciate the advice. We will ask for activation for the next day.

We will be at Swiss land in a few hours. Hope the. Weather is good.

thank you

JP

• The thread ‘How to activate the Half Fare Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.