How to buy a Flex Pass while traveling in Italy

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 December 2016 at 21:48:56 #810414

I cannot find a way to purchase the Flex Pass online since we are traveling in Italy with no mailing address. We would like to travel in Switzerland in one week on Dec 10!!! How/Where can we purchase one. Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    4 December 2016 at 8:04:41 #857306

Hi NighVenture, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Without a mailing address it is not possible to buy this pass unless you find a specialized travel agent to buy it from. This pass is not (yet) available to print yourself. You will have to get off the train at the first staffed border station (Brig or Chiasso in most cases), buy the pass, and take the next train onwards.

Enjoy Italy and Switzerland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 December 2016 at 8:09:41 #857307

Thank you so much! I had come to that conclusion, but couldn’t get a definitive answer online! I appreciate your help.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 December 2016 at 8:13:23 #857308

If we are traveling from Torino to St. Morris, what station do you think we could purchase them from? Is there a way to get info on what stations have them online?

Arno
    15483 posts
    4 December 2016 at 12:01:40 #857309

I suppose you mean St. Moritz, right? Are you actually coming from Torino, or do you mean Tirano, which makes more sense as there are trains to St. Moritz from there. The Swiss station in Tirano can sell you the pass during day time when the staffed ticket desk is open.

If you know the address of your last hotel in Italy you can have the pass shipped there through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. That way you don’t have to take an earlier train to buy a pass along the way. Shipping takes 3 days so you’ll receive it in time if you order today. Make sure the hotel knows they can expect a parcel for you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 December 2016 at 16:28:47 #857310

Yes…Tirano…autocorrect got me again. That will work…might run over early this week from Verenna to buy them and finalize the plans. Will I have to have the pass in hand to make the reservations online for the Bernina Express? That is also confusing. You have been a huge help. Thank you.

Arno
    15483 posts
    4 December 2016 at 16:40:15 #857311

You can book seats whenever you like; you don’t need to have the pass to do so. The sooner the better actually.

• The thread ‘How to buy a Flex Pass while traveling in Italy’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.