How to buy a Swiss Half Fare Card ??

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2010 at 12:53:04 #803809

Hi,

I was going to order a Swiss HF Card for our upcoming trip next month.
    But, as it is only for one month would be delivered to my address 3 weeks before our trip to Switzerland.
    The problem is, we are traveling to Spain and Italy before Switzerland where we fly back to USA.

How can I go around and order a card if it will get home when I’m already in Europe?
    Can I purchase the card in Switzerland or Italy?

Thanks,
    Mia

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    6 May 2010 at 3:43:53 #831225

Hello Mia, and welcome! You can have your Swiss Half Fare Card delivered anywhere in Europe, for example in one of your hotels or apartments during your stay in Spain and Italy. In the purchase options list on the Swiss Half Fare Card page, simply select ‘Other European countries’. During the procedure you can fill out a separate delivery address and a billing address. It’s an advantage to have your card already when traveling to Switzerland, because you can start using it during your inbound trip rightaway. For example, if you travel from Italy to Switzerland by train, the Swiss part of your train trip is discounted and you don’t have to get out at a border station to purchase your Swiss Half Fare Card.

It is possible though to purchase a Swiss Half Fare Card at quite some Swiss railway stations.

I hope it’s clear now. Please feel free to ask any other questions as well!

• The thread ‘How to buy a Swiss Half Fare Card ??’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.