Discount question for Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 January 2017 at 14:49:20 #810595

Hi

I intend to buy the 3 days consecutive swiss rail pass for 6 days itinerary.

My brief itinerary will be as follow:

1 st day and 6th day just buy normal train ticket.

2nd day use the swiss rail pass.

3rd day use the swiss rail pass.

4th day use the swiss rail pass ( I will be staying 2 nights in Zermatt)

5th day Since I am in Zermatt, I plan to take the zermatt – gornergrat train and Matterhorn glacier paradise

Can I use my swiss rail pass to get the line reduction (50%) since the swiss rail pass has already been fully utilized the previous day.

What is the best way to get the line reduction (50%) for the zermatt – gornergrat train and Matterhorn glacier paradise?

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 January 2017 at 16:56:29 #858145

Hi Airunis and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Unfortunately, you won’t get the discounts from the Swiss Travel Pass for the Zermatt – Gornergrat train and Matterhorn glacier paradise on the 5th if you have already used it for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

You may want to do a price comparison and see if it is cheaper to use the pass on different days, such as the 3rd 4th and 5th? Take a look at our how to choose a Swiss rail pass page to help you with a spreadsheet or to look at other passes such as the Swiss Flex Pass.

Alternatively its isn’t too much more to buy a longer Swiss Travel Pass – Perhaps the 4 day will be worth it for you. Even the 8 day, in the end, may be worth it for the extra discounts as well.

Be sure to take a look at this page on getting to the Glacier Express page, read the comments under the timetable section at the bottom and use the timetable to plan your trip. 🙂

Lucas

• The thread ‘Discount question for Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.