How to find cable car prices in Switzerland?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2017 at 4:54:12 #812891

I am planning to take a hiking trip to Switzerland in early September. After checking the travelling time by public transport vs that by driving, I have chosen the latter which is a lot faster . However, I will still need to use cable cars in mountain areas and I am not sure if it is worthwhile to buy a half fare card. May I know where I can find the price of cable car transportation so that I can make a judgement ? I can find the schedule in the SBB CFF FFS website but there is no price information. Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2017 at 5:27:07 #868073

Hi Swissfans,

Oddly enough we had this same question earlier today! Which ones are you looking for? You can find the prices to visit the main attractions in Switzerland here, as well as by using the timetable to plan the route and get prices.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2017 at 8:06:58 #868074

Thanks for your reply. I am looking for the price of the cable car service running between Engstligenalp and Unter dem Birg . The SBB CFF FFS website only tells the time schedule, not the price. Google Map points me to the same website for ticketing info so I am stuck.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2017 at 8:48:41 #868075

Summer prices are here:

http://www.engstligenalp.ch/d e/s/tarife

It only seems to be available in German. Here are some key words translated:

Preise – prices

Luftseilbahn – cable car

Einfach – one way

Retour – return

Erwachsene – adults

Kinder – children

Jungendliche – youths, adolescents

Senioren – seniors

Ermässigungen – reductions

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2017 at 2:59:07 #868076

Thanks a lot !

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2017 at 5:05:13 #868077

I have attempted to search for the price of other cable car / gondola ride and got stuck again. I am planning to take the following gondola ride in the same day :

Adelboden Oey – > Bergläger -> Sillerenbüh

Bergläger -> Adelboden Oey

The price info is given in http://www.adelboden-silleren.ch/en/s/ticke ts

It is mentioned that there is a day pass that covers ” cable car to the village, cable car Silleren, cable car, Hahnenmoos, and the chair lift Bergläger – Höchst “. I am not sure if it covers my planned ride because I don’t know what cable car Silleren / Hahnenmoos are. can anyone shed some light on this pls ? Thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2017 at 7:09:37 #868078

Yes, the day pass will work for you.

The fare sheet you linked notes that from Oey – Sillerenbühl “both ways” (which is what you say you want) you should use the use 1-day pass Silleren-Hahnenmoos.

I use Google Maps to see all the cable cars etc (google Sillerenbühl first). You can see the route names and names of the stops as well if you hover the mouse on it. That should help you see where everything is.

I hope that helps! There are too many cable cars in this country. 🙂 Though in the end that is a good thing!

Lucas

• The thread ‘How to find cable car prices in Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.