How to find out best mode of travel

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2016 at 17:21:33 #808774

Hi,

i am staying at Merlischachen in three days I would like to experience following attractions. What would be the best way of combining them . Also how do I know whether to take boat, train or bus.

In two days would like to do – Pilatus, Rigi, Titlus , Cruise of Lake Lucerne , Swiss Transport Museum and walking around Lucerne city. Will like to experience a short an hour or little more of easy hiking trail.

How to combine my interests in one day?

One day we would like to do Willhelm Tell Express complete upto Southern most point. How should I plan my start and return.

thanks for all your help

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 April 2016 at 6:56:05 #850129

Hi Saumya12,

The Wilhelm Tell Express includes the cruise. You can combine Lucerne city and the transport museum. You can add Mount Pilatus to that day, but then it will all be brief visits. That would leave you with Titlis and Rigi (you can do a short hike there) to be combined in one day. It’s possible, but it will be a long day. It’s a bit much. You can check the timetable and see what’s doable.

Your last question has been answered in your other thread.

• The thread ‘How to find out best mode of travel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.