How to find out best mode of travel

How to find out best mode of travel

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Saumya12
Saumya12
46 posts
Mar 31, 2016 - 5:21 PM

Hi,

i am staying at Merlischachen in three days I would like to experience following attractions. What would be the best way of combining them . Also how do I know whether to take boat, train or bus.

In two days would like to do - Pilatus, Rigi, Titlus , Cruise of Lake Lucerne , Swiss Transport Museum and walking around Lucerne city. Will like to experience a short an hour or little more of easy hiking trail.

How to combine my interests in one day?

One day we would like to do Willhelm Tell Express complete upto Southern most point. How should I plan my start and return.

thanks for all your help

Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
Apr 1, 2016 - 6:56 AM

Hi Saumya12,

The Wilhelm Tell Express includes the cruise. You can combine Lucerne city and the transport museum. You can add Mount Pilatus to that day, but then it will all be brief visits. That would leave you with Titlis and Rigi (you can do a short hike there) to be combined in one day. It's possible, but it will be a long day. It's a bit much. You can check the timetable and see what's doable.

Your last question has been answered in your other thread.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016