How to find the best Swiss rail pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2015 at 18:49:34 #807961

Hello there,

I am hoping you could assisst me in choosing the best swiss rail pass since I am planning to travel to switzerland in November. I feel quite overwhelmed by looking at all different passes and can’t seem to select the best one for purchase.

Here is my itenary:

Day 1: Arrive in Zurich airport in the morning and travel to Lucerne ( Where our hotel is)

Day 2: Lucerne to Zurich for sight seeing (Take the train there and back to hotel in Lucerne in the evening)

Day 3: Lucerne to Basel for sight seeing ( Back at the hotel in Lucerne in the evening)

Day 4: Lucerne to Bern for sight seeing ( Back at the hotel in Lucerne in the evening)

Day 5: Lucerne to Geneva ( Back at the hotel in Lucerne in the evening)

Day 6: Stay in Lucerne for sightseeing

Day 7: Staying in Lucene for sightseeing

Day 8: Lucerne to Zurich airport ( Last day going back)

Do you recommend a Swiss half fare card or point to point to tickets? Please advise.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 September 2015 at 5:00:02 #846182

Hi myclene,

Sure, we’re glad to help. If you go to this page you’ll find a detailed explanation of how to choose a pass, and a download with a simple overview of all pass to make a quick choice.

With the amount of traveling you have planned if would say that an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass is the best option by far. Please see here for prices, retailers, and further details.

• The thread ‘How to find the best Swiss rail pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.