how to get the best fare from paris to switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2015 at 2:08:21 #807016

Hi,

I’m having a family trip of 8 people (include a child aged 15 years old) in this coming july. We plan to travel from Paris to switzerland and spend 3 days in 4 or 5 cities of Switzerland. We plan to buy Swiss Pass, would like to know what are covered with the pass?

1st day: Paris –> Basel –> Lucerne
    My main station would be Lucerne. Does the swiss pass include the rail ticket from Basel to Lucerne? If it’s included, does it mean I just need to buy the rail ticket from paris to Basel and I can hop on any train to Lucerne free with the Swiss Pass? Do I need reservation?

Plan to go to Mount Pilatus or Mount Titlis. How can I benefit from Swiss Pass?

2nd day: Lucerne –> Bern & Interlaken
    does the Swiss Pass include point to point station like Lucerne to Bern? Can I just hop on without reservation?

Plan to go to Lauterbrunen and Harder Kulm, can I use Swiss pass for these journeys? Is the cruise included?

3rd day: Bern –> Geneva and Montreux
    is the rail ticket from geneva to montreux included as well? any seat reservation?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    24 March 2015 at 20:22:41 #842145

Hello michelle0309,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The Swiss Pass is now called the Swiss Travel Pass (as of 2015). What’s included can be found on the map. As you can see there, every train line is included, so also Basel – Lucerne, Lucerne – Bern and Geneva – Montreux. Boats are included too. Pilatus and Titlis are marked as discounted, so you’ll get 50% off of those cable car tickets.

You just need a ticket from Paris to to Basel. Trains and boats in Switzerland are included in the pass and you don’t need reservations nor tickets. Pass prices and points of sale are listed here. Promo’s are listed here.

• The thread ‘how to get the best fare from paris to switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.