How to plan a 5 day trip to Lucrene and Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2015 at 22:07:13 #807707

Hi, I am planning to visit Switzerland on 3 December, 2015 for 5 days. I would be travelling from Paris to Zurich and then to cntral Switzerland. Is there any other way to reach lucrene? Also what is the best way to travel from Zurich to lucrene. Also, i have done a research on passes and a regional pass “Tell Pass” looks fine. Could you please suggest if this fine or i should go with something else?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 August 2015 at 6:28:03 #845096

Hi Varungakhar, thanks for your post!

The trip is quicker if you get off the train from Paris in Basel instead of Zurich. Then take a train from Basel to Lucerne (mind the spelling, Lucerne and Luzern are both correct). Details are in the timetable.

It’s hard to say whether the Tell-Pass is a good choice without knowing which day trips you have in mind. If you stay within the area of coverage, a 4 or 5-day Tell-Pass could be a good option. Please find all details on myswissalps.com/ tellpass, and mind that the Tell-Pass in Winter is cheaper than in Summer but also covers less attractions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 August 2015 at 7:38:32 #845097

Thanks for your reply. I am looking forward to 2 days in Lucerne and 3 days in Interlaken. I am planning to visit mt. rigi, titlis and pilatus followed by engelberg and jungfrau region. And finally, i would be travelling back to India. Could you please suggest if these places would be fine in December and which pass will e better?

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 August 2015 at 15:22:21 #845098

Hi Varungakhar,

The Tell-Pass does not cover the Jungfrau region. You’d better look into these options:

The links explain how the passes work, what’s covered, where to buy and more. This page may help you choose.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2015 at 10:45:12 #845099

Hi Varungakhar,

I have also planned for 4 days (29th Nov to 3rd Dec). I would be travelling from Paris to Zurich and Stay in Zurich only.

I had tried to find out which pass is good option. Swis Half pass is looking good option but still Confuse for Swis Travel Pass.

Day1: Paris to Zurich

Day2: Mt. Titllis + Lucerne

Day3: Jungfraujoch

Day4: Rhine fall

Please anyone suggest me Should I buy Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card ? and also Suggest buy Online or from the zurich railway station ?

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 August 2015 at 14:58:51 #845100

Hi ratiksinghal,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! So you plan to do all these day trips from Zurich? If so I would recommend a Swiss Travel Pass as you’ll be traveling a lot. You can do the math if you want, in order to compare with the Swiss Half Fare Card.

You’d better buy the pass online. It’s cheaper and also more comfortable as you don’t have to spend time in Basel (not Zurich) to purchase it. I am assuming a 4-day pass here. You would need a ticket from Paris to Basel (see here). From there your pass covers further traveling to Zurich, and whatever you may want to do after arrival (e.g. a boat trip). Pass prices can be found here. In your case (India) it makes sense to buy from http://www.raileurope.co.in/p ass/swiss-pass and use the discount codes from http://www.raileurope.co.in/ deals/great-deals-to-tour-Europe (if you order before August 26).

Hopefully this answers your questions. If not, please open a new topic and we’ll gladly assist you there.

• The thread ‘How to plan a 5 day trip to Lucrene and Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.