How to plan a 5 day trip to Lucrene and Interlaken

How to plan a 5 day trip to Lucrene and Interlaken

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Varungakhar
Varungakhar
3 posts
Aug 5, 2015 - 10:07 PM

Hi, I am planning to visit Switzerland on 3 December, 2015 for 5 days. I would be travelling from Paris to Zurich and then to cntral Switzerland. Is there any other way to reach lucrene? Also what is the best way to travel from Zurich to lucrene. Also, i have done a research on passes and a regional pass "Tell Pass" looks fine. Could you please suggest if this fine or i should go with something else?

Arno
Arno
7716 posts
expert &
Aug 6, 2015 - 6:28 AM

Hi Varungakhar, thanks for your post!

The trip is quicker if you get off the train from Paris in Basel instead of Zurich. Then take a train from Basel to Lucerne (mind the spelling, Lucerne and Luzern are both correct). Details are in the timetable.

It's hard to say whether the Tell-Pass is a good choice without knowing which day trips you have in mind. If you stay within the area of coverage, a 4 or 5-day Tell-Pass could be a good option. Please find all details on myswissalps.com/ tellpass, and mind that the Tell-Pass in Winter is cheaper than in Summer but also covers less attractions.

Varungakhar
Varungakhar
3 posts
Aug 6, 2015 - 7:38 AM in reply to Arno

Thanks for your reply. I am looking forward to 2 days in Lucerne and 3 days in Interlaken. I am planning to visit mt. rigi, titlis and pilatus followed by engelberg and jungfrau region. And finally, i would be travelling back to India. Could you please suggest if these places would be fine in December and which pass will e better?

Arno
Arno
7716 posts
expert &
Aug 6, 2015 - 3:22 PM

Hi Varungakhar,

The Tell-Pass does not cover the Jungfrau region. You'd better look into these options:

The links explain how the passes work, what's covered, where to buy and more. This page may help you choose.

ratiksinghal
ratiksinghal
5 posts
Aug 11, 2015 - 10:45 AM

Hi Varungakhar,

I have also planned for 4 days (29th Nov to 3rd Dec). I would be travelling from Paris to Zurich and Stay in Zurich only.

I had tried to find out which pass is good option. Swis Half pass is looking good option but still Confuse for Swis Travel Pass.

Day1: Paris to Zurich

Day2: Mt. Titllis + Lucerne

Day3: Jungfraujoch

Day4: Rhine fall

Please anyone suggest me Should I buy Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card ? and also Suggest buy Online or from the zurich railway station ?

Arno
Arno
7716 posts
expert &
Aug 11, 2015 - 2:58 PM in reply to ratiksinghal

Hi ratiksinghal,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! So you plan to do all these day trips from Zurich? If so I would recommend a Swiss Travel Pass as you'll be traveling a lot. You can do the math if you want, in order to compare with the Swiss Half Fare Card.

You'd better buy the pass online. It's cheaper and also more comfortable as you don't have to spend time in Basel (not Zurich) to purchase it. I am assuming a 4-day pass here. You would need a ticket from Paris to Basel (see here). From there your pass covers further traveling to Zurich, and whatever you may want to do after arrival (e.g. a boat trip). Pass prices can be found here. In your case (India) it makes sense to buy from www.raileurope.co.in/p ass/swiss-pass and use the discount codes from www.raileurope.co.in/ deals/great-deals-to-tour-Europe (if you order before August 26).

Hopefully this answers your questions. If not, please open a new topic and we'll gladly assist you there.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016