Which Prepaid Data SIM Card for Switzerland?

Which Prepaid Data SIM Card for Switzerland?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
chngth
chngth
11 posts
Jul 30, 2015 - 1:03 PM

We will be in Switzerland for 10 days holidays in September. In order to have internet data access, I though it might be useful to purchase a local data sim card which I can use or share with the group.

Can anyone share with me how could I purchase the card, either at the arrival Zurich Airport or purchase online?

Thank you very much

Chng TH

Arno
Arno
7728 posts
expert &
Jul 30, 2015 - 2:52 PM

Hi Chng TH,

I am currently using this SIM Card: www.simlystore.com/en/ buy-prepaid-sim-card/switzerland-prepaid-data-sim-card.html.

It includes 1 Gb of data for € 35.90. That's quite cheap and plenty of data for a regular holiday. The card is using the network of the national carrier Swisscom. It works well for me. Very good reception, even in various remote areas.

They ship it for free. You need to insert it in your phone after arrival in Switzerland. Instructions are included.

chngth
chngth
11 posts
Jul 30, 2015 - 3:16 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you, Arno,

I will try to buy one. Can that he used for WiFi router or hot spot?

Tks

Arno
Arno
7728 posts
expert &
Jul 30, 2015 - 4:25 PM

Hi Chng TH,

The page I referred to says it's "Mobile Wifi and Router compatible" (click the "Product summary" tab to see), I did not try that myself though.

Have good trip!

chngth
chngth
11 posts
Jul 31, 2015 - 2:59 AM in reply to Arno

Thank you Arno,

I missed that. It means it is ok to use as Wifi Router.

Thank so much

Chng TH

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016