How to receive Swiss Travel Pass from UAE

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 July 2016 at 5:55:24 #809591

hi,

I will be heading to Paris on the 5th of July and will be in swiss by the 8th of july. I want to book a swiss travel pass for 3 days. searching through the online forums and details on various websites, I have understood how it works for most of it. But what i wanted to know was that, is the swiss travel pass just a printed document or is it a card of some sort? i think ill receive a travel document through email within 2 days after purchase, but is that all i need to have or do I have to go to some station and validate it, and get some actual official paper or something.

Also, a quick suggestion if anyone has a better idea. Im heading with my family in a tour package, so they are taking care for the majority of our trip, except the last two days. Namely the 11th and 12th, and I leave for UAE on 13th. So for two days a swiss rail pass would be good or can anyone suggest a better option?

Please do help me out with this. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 July 2016 at 7:40:07 #853715

Hi zyborgatic, welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Travel Pass can be printed at home (or anywhere else like your hotel). You don’t need to visit a ticket office at the train station. It is ready to use. You’ll find all purchase options here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price. In your case you can buy it through http://www.raileurope-gcc.com/pass/swiss-travel-pass-82 or http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. You may qualify for a discount: myswissalps.com/forum/ topic/10-to-60-discount-on-all-train-passes-and-tickets.

Whether a 3-day pass is the best choice depends on your plans for the two days. You can compare passes as explained here.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 July 2016 at 9:31:56 #853716

Thank you Arno!

So even if I’m leaving on the 5th I can go ahead and book it now, and then once I receive the documents via email, print it and get it validated at a station by an official.

Right?

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 July 2016 at 14:17:26 #853717

Yes, correct, except that you don’t need to validate it. It is ready to use. That’s the big advantage of printing it yourself: no time lost, you can board your first train immediately.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 July 2016 at 21:43:14 #853718

Thank you so much!

Ive booked my passes and hopefully should receive them through email by the time I am in Paris.

• The thread ‘How to receive Swiss Travel Pass from UAE’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.