How to reserve train from Spiez to Milan to Venice

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2012 at 15:34:37 #805634

Hi,

I am a 4 day swiss pass and will be arriving in Zurich on Sept 14. I know I can reserve and buy tickets at the Zurich train station but want to make a seat reservation for my train from Spiez to Milan (I am going on to Venice from Milan) for September 17th. I saw the option to buy the ticket on sbb.ch but did not see an option to reserve a seat.

So I’d appreciate help with the following:

1) Can I reserve the ticket for Spiez to Milan online? I’d like to take the direct train that leaves at 8:05 am or 2:05 pm.
    2) If not, is there a chance the train may be sold out by the time I arrive in Zurich on Sept 14? If so, how can I reserve seat in advance?

Thank You so much!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2012 at 12:50:14 #837269

Please help. If I have a swiss pass – can I buy ticket from Spiez to Milan using the GA reduction option on sbb.ch? Would that be valid with swiss pass? Or should I buy the full fare ticket from Domodossola to Milan? If the latter, then how do I reserve my seat from Spiez/Brig to Domodossola?

I’ll really appreciate any help. Thank You!

Annika
    7116 posts
    6 September 2012 at 14:06:48 #837270

Welcome ariena1! All questions will be answered here within a few days, so don’t worry. The SBB allows you to book seats too. This will be one of the further steps in procedure of ordering your ticket. And yes, the GA offers the same benefits as the Swiss Pass, so this is what you should select to have a free trip up to the Swiss-Italian border. I hope this helps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2012 at 7:52:38 #837271

Hi,

I have the same question as ariena1. Please help to answer.

Already purchased 4 days swiss pass.

1) Do I still have to purchase train ticket from Spiez to Domodossola? Read in other forums saying the Swiss Pass valid until Domodossola.
    2) If yes, how do I get the 50% discount on ticket from Spiez to Domodossola offered by Swiss Pass? There’s no option for Swiss Pass reduction, I can only see GA/half fare reduction.

Thanks!!

Annika
    7116 posts
    27 September 2012 at 10:21:58 #837272

Hello farahnur, and welcome to the forum. You don’t need a ticket up to Domodossola; your Swiss Pass is sufficient. Details, including a downloadable validity map, can be found at the Swiss Pass page. You may have to make seat reservations for this trip though. If so, just select the GA option as explained to ariena1 above. This will ensure that the Swiss portion of the trip is for free (not discounted).

• The thread ‘How to reserve train from Spiez to Milan to Venice’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.