How to travel from Interlaken to Venice??

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 November 2014 at 3:39:41 #806719

Hi Everyone, me n my husband planning for Europe trip. On 8th of March we are Reaching Paris,3 nights in Paris than on 11th March we are leaving for Interlaken, 4 nights in Interlaken than on 15th March we are planning for Venice.but we have no idea how to reach Venice from Interlaken. And also we have no idea about Swiss passes.

So please help us know the best route and mode of transportation from Interlaken to Venice. Thank u

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 November 2014 at 15:21:32 #841316

Hi Ritika,

All your trips can comfortably be done by train. All the passes are explained in detail here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swissrailpasses.

For now I am going to assume you’ll pick a Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex. Both are valid from Basel on your incoming trip and to Domodossola on your outgoing trip. So additionally you need tickets from Paris to Basel, and from Domodossola to Venice. These tickets can be found here and purchased along with your pass. This post about cheap TGV tickets and this one about discounts on train tickets are interesting to read as well.

All train schedules can be found in the timetable. Hotel recommendations for Interlaken are listed here.

This should get you started I hope!

• The thread ‘How to travel from Interlaken to Venice??’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.