How to travel from Interlaken – Zermatt – Venice

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 June 2016 at 15:13:14 #809578

Hi,

I will travel to Gevena with my family on 12/7 morning. As initial plan as follow:-

12/7 Gevena – Grindelwald, check into hotel. Any recommend place to visit since about evening time.

13/7 If I plan to visit the Nature Site nearby beside The Jungfraujoch, any other recommend place?

14/7 Interlaken – Zermatt. Do u think half day at Zermatt will have enough time time for us to visit The Gornergrat?

15/7 Zermatt – Venice . We plan to go Venice by train from Zermatt. Can we use Swiss pass to travel from zermatt train station to Brig train station? Do we need to book the ticket to Brig in advance? If 7 minutes to transit for another training, will it be too rush? Or do u have any other recommend ?

Hope to get your reply soon. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 June 2016 at 15:42:42 #853666

Hi anne225, welcome to MySwissAlps,

Please see myswissalps.com/ jungfrauregion/ activities for things to do around Grindelwald. There won’t be much to do in the evening.

Half a day is sufficient for the ride to the Gornergrat. This is weather dependent however. It only makes sense to go up if there are no clouds blocking the view.

You can’t use the Swiss Pass, but you can use the Swiss Travel Pass. Do you have the pass already? If so, then you don’t need tickets. You only need tickets from the Swiss border (Domodossola) to Venice. Please see myswissalps.com/traint ickets/italy. 7 minutes is enough to change trains.

I hope this was useful!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 June 2016 at 16:11:15 #853667

Thank for your prompt reply.

Just wonder to buy the 3 days Swiss Travel Pass or the Swiss Travel Pass Half Fare. As we only travel Gevena – Interlaken – Zermatt.

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 June 2016 at 17:14:35 #853668

You’re welcome! My estimation would be that the Swiss Half Fare Card works out cheaper. To be sure, you would need to calculate and compare. Please see these page if you’re interested in all details:

You can print the Swiss Half Fare Card at home to save time: visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the card within 3 business days (no delivery fees), so in your case you can purchase it until about 7/7.

While traveling from Interlaken to Zermatt you may opt for the scenic route via Kandersteg and Brig. Otherwise, you would cross a long tunnel to Visp and see less.

• The thread ‘How to travel from Interlaken – Zermatt – Venice’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.