How to travel to Bern From Venice?

How to travel to Bern From Venice?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 30, 2013 - 5:48 AM
Hi, I have trouble finding the early trains from Venice to Bern.

when I booked the trains from Venice to Bern, it gives me 11:00 train,which will arrive in Bern at 19:00,and still I have to travel to Thun. is it possible for me to buy a ticket from Venice to Milan early in the morning and then buy tickets from Milan to Bern? Via somewhere else? is there any risk that one train is later and then I can not catch the next train?

Thanks!
Arno
Arno
7713 posts
expert &
Apr 30, 2013 - 6:37 AM
I just replied to your other post.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 30, 2013 - 8:05 AM
Hi,there,

I spent nearly an hour booking the train (7:50)from Venice, but it did not let me confirm. Is it because I am living in Australia, the mailing is not possible? But it did not let me tick e-ticket. so troublesome. I am frustrated!

Thanks all the same! Any solution? So stupid!

helen
Arno
Arno
7713 posts
expert &
Apr 30, 2013 - 9:27 AM
Hi Helen,

I'm not sure where you tried to order, but since you're from Australia you can best get your tickets here. I just tried the ticket Venice - Milan and didn't see any problems. Milan to Bern should be bookable as well there.

Please let me know whether this works for you. Have a good trip!
Last modified on Nov 17, 2014 - 2:22 PM by Arno
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 1, 2013 - 5:41 AM
Thank you so much.i will try shortly after again. Before that can I clarify you suggestions. Do you mean I book a ticket from Venice to Milan, then I book another one from Milan to Thun?

After 3 days in Thun, I will go to Paris . Do you suggest that I only need to book from Thun to Paris instead of from Bern to Paris?

I am booking the tickets in Australia! Certainly, I will ask for your precious suggestions for my trip.

Great appreciations!

Helen
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 1, 2013 - 8:46 AM
Hi, there, I spent the whole night failing to book the two tickets from Venice to Milan and to Thun. I did 3 steps,for the last one-confirming,it did not work. So weird! SBB gives me only night train!

Helen
Arno
Arno
7713 posts
expert &
May 1, 2013 - 8:59 AM
Hi Helen,

I'm not sure why you mention Bern. If Thun is your destination, then book tickets from Italy to Thun, and from Thun to Paris.

You don't need the SBB site to book these tickets. Did you try the link I gave you in my last post? That's where you should be able to book all your tickets: Venice to Milan, another one from Milan to Thun, and another one from Thun to Paris.

I hope this works out for you!
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 1, 2013 - 4:54 PM
I exactly followed your website and these steps. Step 4-confirm does not let me. I wonder the ticket is not released yet. Thanks! Helen
Arno
Arno
7713 posts
expert &
May 2, 2013 - 3:21 AM
Hi Helen,

I'm sorry to hear that. Did you get this message: "We were not able to confirm your booking. One of our representatives will contact you in order to finalize it"? I did see that yesterday in some cases, but today all seems fine again. If it happens again please let me know exactly what date you try to book, what button you (unsuccessfully) click and what message you get, and I may be able to find out what's going on.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 4, 2013 - 6:26 AM
Hi, there,

Finally, I have booked from Milan to Thun from Thank you very much indeed! But I was too excited that I didn't click 'print the ticked'. I only got reference number. How can I find the ticket?

Then I need to find ticket from Venice to Milan. I must arrive in Milan before 11:00 for my train is 11:25. But there is only early train at 5:20. Too early .is there any train around 7:00 from Venice at 24 June ?

Also I'd like to book from Thun to Paris ? But SBB does not let me again, telling me it is interrupted. Why?

I am sorry. Too many questions. But it is my first time.

Thanks again!

Helen
Arno
Arno
7713 posts
expert &
May 4, 2013 - 9:47 AM
Hi Helen,

I don't know exactly how to get back to that ticket print option, but you've probably received an email with further instructions. If you ordered through the link I gave you, you can click the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page to get in touch with them. You can book Thun to Paris there as well.

As for Venice to Milan: there are more trains and you can find them through the Italian railways. The link is in your other post.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 5, 2013 - 5:49 AM
Many thanks! I will try!

From Paris to London ,which rail line I can use?

Thanks again!

Helen
Arno
Arno
7713 posts
expert &
May 5, 2013 - 6:39 AM
Hi Helen,

Our website is about Switzerland, so I really can't provide many details on Paris to London. What I do know is that it's quite simple: there are many Eurostar trains covering that route. You can find tickets at the site I gave you before: this page specifically.
Last modified on Nov 17, 2014 - 2:22 PM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016