How to use 8 day swiss pass to full advantage?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2015 at 12:46:07 #807619

hi Arno,Im travelling in august to switzerland for 7 days(myself +2 children). i have booked my swiss pass online with fixed dates n taken a printout also.Could you please tell me if i need to submit the printout at the rail counter and take a card.Basically i dont know how to go about it.I am staying at interlaken- wilderswil for 4 nights and 3 nights at lausanne .i want to cover maximum places that i can and use the swiss pass to the maximum.Also please advice kidv friendly things to do in switzerland?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2015 at 19:05:59 #844688

Also can you please guide me how and where to make reservations for the chocolate train,i understand its included in the swiss travel pass but i need to make reservations. Please guide me on that too.

Annika
    7103 posts
    25 July 2015 at 6:25:44 #844689

Hello zohra11, and thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

What reseller did you buy your Swiss Travel Pass from? And what delivery option did you choose? Some resellers provide e-tickets that you can print yourself, others will send paper tickets to your home address, and the print-out you’re mentioning may not be more than an order confirmation. Please find Swiss Travel Pass resellers and their ordering methods here.

The Chocolate Train is discounted for Swiss Travel Pass holders, not for free. Please refer to the Chocolate Train website for more information and booking options.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2015 at 9:24:01 #844690

iv bought the tickets from SBB.

Annika
    7103 posts
    25 July 2015 at 10:27:51 #844691

Hi zohra11,

I’m sorry, but that’s not enough information to answer this. I expect you have a printout that’s ready to use, so without the need to get to a rail counter, but I am not 100% sure. If the SBB did not include instructions, you’d better contact them and ask.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2015 at 10:29:01 #844692

thanks alot for the link to the chocolate train ,so iv understood tht taking the choc train cost additional money but if i visit the factory at Broc on my own the swiss pass covers the travellling with normal trains free.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2015 at 10:41:23 #844693

yes iv got print outs at home for the swiss family card tht iv purchased but i just want to confirm if just the print outs are enuf or ill need to get a card or something. yes i think ill contact SBB and make things clear. thanks Annika

• The thread ‘How to use 8 day swiss pass to full advantage?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.