How to print the Swiss Transfer Ticket

• juluftravel
    Participant
    20 posts
    14 July 2017 at 16:11:00 #812625

I am planing to travel from Zurich airport to Zermatt on October 30th 2017. Stay 2 night in Zermatt and travel back to Zurich airport on 1st November 2017.

I intend to purchase the swiss transfer tickets and I notice that to print at home, I need to follow all these rules :

Adobe Reader.

You need to have the Adobe Reader installed on your computer. Please print the ticket via the print function of the Adobe Reader and not via the print function of the web Browser.

Printout.

Online tickets must be printed with a size of 100% (unscaled), on white, previously unwritten paper of the A4 portrait (upright) format. A change in font sizes is not allowed. Smudged or incomplete printouts are not regarded as valid. The advertising in the lower third of the online ticket may be detached. We recommend downloading and printing a Test Ticket prior to the first purchase of an online ticket. If you encounter problems while doing so, you should not buy an online ticket and should read the document technical requirements or the FAQ part.

Printer types.

For printing the online tickets, please use only a laser or inkjet printer with a resolution of at least 600 dpi. online tickets printed or copied on a Fax machine or another device are not accepted as valid.

Technical requirements.

The following browsers are supported:

Internet Explorer

Firefox

Opera

Safari (Mac OS)

Chrome

Technical requirements:

JavaScript OK

SSL (https), 128 Bit OK

And that`s seem very risky to print at home. First of all I don’t have laser or inkjet printer and honestly I don’t know the resolution on my printer. My home printer is just a normal old printer. I might get the wrong front sizes or smudged or incomplete printout.

I would love to get any advises from anyone on these matters.

This is my first time and I am a bit confuse on how to travel from Zurich airport to Zermatt. Which station I should change train . And with the Swiss transfer ticket, do I need to make any seats reservations ?

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2017 at 19:16:55 #866853

Hi juluftravel,

I think Swiss railways is just trying to scare people with all those instructions. 🙂

I’m would go out on a limb and say it will print out fine at home (if not you can print it out as many times as you want, wherever you want, to get it right – at work perhaps?

As long as you have an Adobe reader (free) and print from that program it should be fine.

Reservations are not needed nor usually available on any Swiss trains except these panoramic trains.

You can look up the train schedule for Zurich airport to Zermatt (and back) on the Swiss railways timetable here.
    You can take any train you want on your travel dates – you will have at least one train change (often in Brig).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2017 at 2:22:31 #866854

>> First of all I don’t have laser or inkjet printer … My home printer is just a normal old printer.

Are you sure about that? I can’t remember when inkjet printers became available for home use, but it was no later than the mid-90s. If your printer is not older than that, it is almost certainly an inkjet printer.

>> and honestly I don’t know the resolution on my printer.

Many printers are set to print medium quality by default (to save ink). All you need to do is change the setting to print high quality or something similar, or choose 600 dpi if that is one of the choices.

Usually after you press the “Print” command, there will be a “Properties” command or something similar, where you can change the quality of the printout.

It just needs to be a good, dark printout that can be easily read by the conductor’s portable scanner.

>> I might get the wrong front sizes or smudged or incomplete printout.

If your printer is working OK, and you don’t change any settings except the print quality, this will not be an issue. If it gets smudged for any reason, just print it again or use someone else’s printer.

Let us know how it goes!

Alpenrose

juluftravel
    Participant
    20 posts
    16 July 2017 at 23:55:21 #866855

Hi Lucas, thank you so much for the fed back. I will try to book it online & print at home to save on the delivery. Your advise are most appreciated.

juluftravel
    Participant
    20 posts
    17 July 2017 at 0:01:51 #866856

Hi Alpenrose, I am sure the Swiss alps did a great job by frightening me . I appreciate your advise & take the chance to book & print at home. Will update my travel & crossing my fingers that everything will turn out fine. Thanks & regards

juluftravel
    Participant
    20 posts
    21 August 2017 at 0:39:35 #866857

Hi Lucas,

thanks for your fed back. I still have some doubts & hope you could help me to clear things up.

I was about to purchase the Swiss Tranfer tickets for two adults for 30th October 2017, Travelling from Zurich airport to Zermatt. And returns on 1st November 2017 to Zurich airport.

I intend to use the Delivery options to my home address in Japan. But I notice TNT Express aim to dispatch tickets order for postal or courier delivery no later than 2 weeks before the start date of the tickets.

I will be flying to Paris in the first weeks of October Will I be able to receive the ticket in time/before Oct.

I look at the lists of countries and delivery to Japan is stated 5 days. Please advise.

Or is it adviserable for me to collect at Zurich airport?

as for printing at home., it also stated online PDF link will be sent to my email address at least 7 workings days prior to departure.

I be in Europe doing my tour. And Switzerland & Zurich will be my last destination.

Appreciated yours & anyone help and advise.

thank you.

Arno
    15483 posts
    21 August 2017 at 9:30:52 #866858

Hi juluftravel,

You asked this through e-mail as well. Did you receive my reply? I will paste it here to be sure:

You don’t need a laser printer. Any normal inkjet printer is fine. You can print your tickets as explained in my previous e-mail. When ordering, there will be a “Notes” field you can use to request for immediate delivery. You can write “Please issue the tickets ASAP”, for example. This works for physical shipping as well as printing at home.

And in our June 18 e-mail, we wrote:

Please visit http://www.swissrailwa ys.com/en and click to the Swiss Transfer Ticket. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the ticket within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees), so you can print it at home.

juluftravel
    Participant
    20 posts
    21 August 2017 at 9:54:00 #866859

Hi Arno,

thank you for your reply. I see that it not a problem to request asap delivery to my address in Japan or the print online. Just to be on the safe side, in case I don’t receive my tickets, would you think I should pick up my tickets at Zurich airport? What do customer usually do? Sorry for so many questions but I’m just worried.

Thank you .

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2017 at 11:22:29 #866860

Hi juluftravel,

If you select online ticket it will be emailed to you. If by chance leave home before getting the email you would need to print it at Zurich airport before getting on a train (use the business center).

If you are in Europe before arriving in Switzerland you can have your hotel print it out for you before heading to Switzerland. But you have plenty of time to print it at home instead. It’s the most convenient way, and it’s what most travelers do.

Lucas

juluftravel
    Participant
    20 posts
    21 August 2017 at 16:15:01 #866861

Hi Lucas,

Thank you so much with you’re reply. I just want to inform you that I just booked my Swiss Transfer Tickets and I took your advise to select online print out. I feel so comfortable with your advise. Thank you for been so patient with me. And also thanks to Arno too. You both been very helpful .

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2017 at 16:28:05 #866862

Anytime!

Let us know how to all works out for you!

Lucas

juluftravel
    Participant
    20 posts
    22 August 2017 at 15:03:03 #866863

Hi Lucas & Arno,

I just wanted to inform you both that I have received my Swiss Transfer tickets and I`ve printed out with Adobe and all works out fine. I must really give credit to SBB and MY Swiss Alps for so efficient works.

At first I was so worried with the Swiss railways printing instructions and delivery terms. Thanks Lucas & Arno for all the great advise.

Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2017 at 16:13:16 #866864

Awesome! Glad to hear to came to you so quickly!

Lucas

• The thread ‘How to print the Swiss Transfer Ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.