How to utilize 5 days post tour in Switzerland ?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2015 at 15:10:05 #807328

Hi everyone

We are arriving Switzerland on 29th of June arranged by travel agency but arranged 5 days extra as post tour .After visiting jungfrau ,mount titlis and bernia express as included in the itinary what more we should go for ?Our stay is in Zurich on 3,4,5 th July and 6,7 th July in Zeneva

Any suggestion is appreciated.

thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 June 2015 at 5:49:49 #843567

Hi balbirsushma,

Thanks for joining us! A bit more information is useful in order to provide suggestions: where should your trip end? At an airport? Or do you continue traveling elsewhere in Europe? What would you like to? Hiking? Boat/train trips? Museums? Does your tour end in Geneva?

The best thing you can do is start in our planning section. That help you to find out what the options are and explains how to plan. Please feel free to post your plan here so that we can provide feedback.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    2 June 2015 at 0:09:22 #843568

Lucerne.

http://www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2015 at 7:54:58 #843569

My departure is from Zurich and will do trip to titis,jungfrou and Bernnia express trip during our trip ,still I have 5 days with me .will try to go Geneva ,montrex and lussane from there with Geneva city tour .i would try to see Rhine fall also .kindly guide me to utilize my remaining days and memorable place to visit

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 June 2015 at 8:30:31 #843570

Hi balbirsushma,

Actually Lucerne would be a great base (see Slowpoke’s link for day trip suggestions, hotels and more). It’s close to Zurich so your departure would be easy. Your tour may have covered Lucerne since it includes the Titlis, but I’m sure there’s a lot in that area they did not cover.

But, now you mentioned Geneva. And I suppose you mean Montreux and Lausanne? So is that your plan for the remaining days? In that case you can base yourself in Montreux and do trips into the mountains and to the lake from there. Then end your trip with one night in Zurich to cover the Rhine Fall.

• The thread ‘How to utilize 5 days post tour in Switzerland ?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.