• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2017 at 21:28:03 #811098

I arrive in Zurich July 28 2017

I will take the train from zurich to firenze on August 1

AND back from firenze to zurich on August 10

Staying in lauterbrunnen aug11- 15

Can I get there from zurich in one day .?

What else do you recommend I see ?

Love the outdoors .

Fiona.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2017 at 6:34:55 #860157

Hi Fiona and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The trip from Zurich to Lauterbrunnen is about 3 hours. You can check all schedules here.

Lauterbrunnen is a great place to stay if you are interested in the outdoors (see activities list on what to do there). Also, have a look at our Jungfrau region information page to see what other towns and activities are available to you near Lauterbrunnen.

If you have further questions don’t hesitate to ask!

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2017 at 19:52:19 #860158

Do you think I would be better to buy the berne see overland 4 day 2nd class pass to have along with my eurail Swiss pass …?

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 March 2017 at 7:14:01 #860159

Hi Akerbrygge,

The Eurail Select Pass coverage in the Bernese Oberland is limited. The Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland covers much more, but whether it is worth the extra money depends on your travel plans (day trips). You can compare the passes here:

• The thread ‘Eurail pass 9 days Firenze, Zurich, Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.