I need a help to select a Swiss rail pass

I need a help to select a Swiss rail pass

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
omer84
omer84
11 posts
Jun 21, 2016 - 11:29 AM

Hi Folks,

I am coming first time in Switzerland in August. I will stay in Switzerland for 8 days. I am just wondering what kind of Travel pass shall I buy?

I want to travel as much as I want. I am also looking for a pass I can go anywhere within Switzerland. I would like to know that once I buy a travel pass. Do I need to book my seat on the train or I can go anytime or day? I heard that in Switzerland, there are many train's companies who are operating different region, so that please recommend me which pass I should buy because I can't spend money on different companies. I am also looking for a mobile APPs for train, buses or boats timetable.

Kind regards

Omer

Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
Jun 21, 2016 - 11:55 AM

Hi Omer, welcome to MySwissAlps!

For unlimited traveling in the entire country, you need the Swiss Travel Pass. All details, including what's covered, a video and websites to buy from, can be found here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass.

Train companies are not relevant for you as a traveler. All companies on the covered routes accept the pass.

Mobile apps can be found here: myswissalps.com/ aboutswitzerland/ practical/ websites. Please see here for how the timetable works: myswissalps.com/ timetable.

omer84
omer84
11 posts
Jun 21, 2016 - 12:11 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

Thank you for the reply. I would also thank you for the valuable information you just gave me.

I was just reading some articles where they have mentioned that some train's routes I need to book my seat in advance e.g Panoramic routes. Can you please also share some information about that because some of famous routes I really want to see and it is 8 hours journey too.

Regards

Omer

Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
Jun 21, 2016 - 12:48 PM

Hi Omer,

I'm glad that was useful! Seat reservation details can be found here:

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016