• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2012 at 1:56:21 #805125

I am travelling via following
    ICE 373 from Karlsruhe to Interlaken West on 21 April
    – I have taken First class ticket from Karlsruhe to Basel BAd BF
    – I have the Swiss Pass (2 in 1 Offer) – 2 Class

So, do I have to change trains at Basel Bad BF, if Swiss Pass (2 in 1 Offer) is not valid on ICE? or can I just shift from First Class to Second Class at Basel Bad BF?

Other question: I believe Swiss Pass is valid till Domodossola – Am I correct?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    18 April 2012 at 7:21:25 #835602

Hello manju.rn,

The ICE 373, leaving Karlsruhe at 10 am goes straight to Interlaken. No need to change trains at Basel Bad station, but you’ll have to go to the second class there. The Swiss Pass is valid on the ICE.

If you travel from Switzerland into Italy, the Swiss Pass will be valid till Domodossola or Chiasso (the most probable options), depending on the route you are going to travel.

You can check this information using the Swiss Timetable and the Swiss Pass page, where you can find an overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2012 at 15:33:31 #835603

Thank you.

Where do I get my pass validated? Before I leave Kalsruhe? Or after Basel bad station?

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    18 April 2012 at 15:45:53 #835604

It seems you can find the answer to your question in this topic. (You can also use the search function in the top right corner of this website to find other answers as well.)

• The thread ‘ICE 373 from Karlsruhe to Interlaken West’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.