Ice Flyer at Mt. Titlis – safe for kids?

• manishsaluja
    Participant
    5 posts
    8 August 2017 at 15:31:17 #812888

Hi,

First timer here. Just had a quick question about the Ice Flyer at Mount Titlis

I am travelling with my two daughters aged 3 and 7 years. Is the Ice Flyer safe for the little ones?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Priyanka

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2017 at 17:24:09 #868060

Hi Priyanka and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Yes, no problem with children – it sounds more exciting than it is (it is a chair lift).
    You can read more about it on the Mt. Titlis web page here.

Lucas

manishsaluja
    Participant
    5 posts
    8 August 2017 at 21:23:26 #868061

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the advice. I was more worried because the chair lift is open. My three years old is a little afraid of heights and might not sit on her own. Is there another way to reach to the top apart from the Ice Flyer?

Thanks,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2017 at 0:12:01 #868062

Hi manishsaluja,

>> Is there another way to reach to the top apart from the Ice Flyer?

You don’t need to ride on the Ice Flyer to get to the top. You get to the top in gondolas – first a small one, then a larger rotating one. The Ice Flyer takes you to the snow park and is an optional activity at additional cost. I have attached some pictures of the gondolas and a diagram showing the route of the Ice Flyer.

>> I was more worried because the chair lift is open. My three years old is a little afraid of heights and might not sit on her own.

I think you can wait until you get there, and then decide for yourself after seeing what other people are doing and how your three-year-old reacts.

Alpenrose

beenaeem
    Participant
    29 posts
    16 August 2017 at 22:40:41 #868063

Yes chair lift is open but safe. I saw 1 year old and toddlers too on chair lift. I think its difficult for a child to walk on snow as its slipppery. But i saw so many children there toddlers and young children too.

• The thread ‘Ice Flyer at Mt. Titlis – safe for kids?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.