What to see in Interlaken for 2 days in early June

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2017 at 9:20:48 #810949

Hi guys,

We(me & wife) are planning for swiss trip in month of May(May 30 to 8 June 2017). Our base would be Zurich.

I had few queries here.

1) we wanna visit interlaken area 2 days. 1 day to cover interlaken alone, 2 nd day for Jungfraujoch trip.

what all can we worth seeing interlaken. we would try some adventure activities as well. PLease suggest

what is best way to reach Jungfraujoch from zurich

2) We would be travelling from India. Just wanted a rough figure on how much cash to carry when travelling. I have already reserved hotels , so that should not be a problem. How costly is swiss in terms of food?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    3 March 2017 at 14:11:09 #859568

Hi santy, welcome to MySwissAlps! Let’s take a look at your questions.

1. Please find recommendations for a stay in Interlaken at this page. You’ll find adventure activities such as paragliding there as well. Note that Interlaken itself isn’t worth visiting for a full day. It’s fun to walk around and visit some shops, but other than that I’d recommend to get out of town and discover the beautiful surroundings. The route to Jungfraujoch is explained here. Mind to to us the timetable as well.

2. That depends on what you plan to pay in cash. At larger railways stations and in quite some stores, supermarkets and restaurants you can use credit/debit cards. Food costs heavily depend on the choices you make: it makes a difference whether you buy your own food in a supermarket or dine out in a fancy restaurant. It’s always wise to have some cash at hand, but if it’s for unexpected events only I’d say about CHF 100 to start off with should suffice. You can always withdraw more from ATM’s if necessary. Please find more information here.

• The thread ‘What to see in Interlaken for 2 days in early June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.