Interlaken and Jungfraujoch in 2 days?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2017 at 9:33:18 #812388

I will be travelling to Geneva for a competition which will last from 16th – 21st July 2017 – after which I have 22nd and 23rd July completely free for any sightseeing. However, I have to be back on 23rd night as my flight back home is on 24th morning from Geneva. Is it possible to cover Interlaken (the lakes and a bit of the city) and Jungfraujoch in that time – keeping in mind I have to start from and be back on Geneva in 48 hours?

If yes, what are the possible routes, timings and approximate prices of the trips for Interlaken and Jungfraujoch from and to Geneva? If no, what other possible trips could I make in that time from Geneva?

Further, I will be spending a total of 9 days in Switzerland. Will it be better to buy a local sim, activate international roaming or buy a temporary sim from a brand like Matrix?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    24 June 2017 at 16:35:41 #865688

Hi anushka297, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, it should be doable to explore Interlaken on July 22, do an early morning trip to Jungfraujoch on July 23 and then head back to Geneva. The most direct route Geneva-Interlaken takes about 2h45. There’s a much more scenic alternative though: the Golden Pass ride. It’s a detour, but the views are rewarding and it may be worth it if you can leave early on July 22. Please consult the timetable for details and enter Montreux and Zweisimmen as via-stations to see the Golden Pass connections.

If you think this is too much, spending two days in the Montreux area would be a very nice alternative.

As for prices: these too can be found in the timetable. In most cases it will be worth getting a Swiss Half Fare Card, which provides a 50% disount on all tickets, including the Jungfraujoch. A link to regular Jungfraujoch prices can be found at myswissalps.com/jungfr aujoch/tickets under “More information”.

Please see myswissalps.com/simcar d for our simcard and wifi hotspot suggestions.

• The thread ‘Interlaken and Jungfraujoch in 2 days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.